latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

buy buttons/links on a separate site?

Home Forums Community Forum buy buttons/links on a separate site?

This topic contains 18 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Christian Finn 4 years, 1 month ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Dec 2nd, 2012 at 8:09 am #33207

When using S2Member, is it possible to have the “buy” buttons/links on a separate site to your membership site?

EXAMPLE:

1. Customer pays for a membership on site A (which does not have S2member installed).
2. Customer is then transferred to Site B (which has S2Member installed)
3. Customer registers on Site B

I am currently using WishList Member, which does allow this functionality, but would happily switch to S2Member if there is a way of doing it.

Thanks, Christian

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 18 replies - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Dec 2nd, 2012 at 9:22 am #33212
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Christian,

I’m afraid this is not possible with s2Member. :/
However, I don’t see why it would be impossible, but it would require a little bit of advanced code. If you want, you can find a freelancer to do this integration for you, you can find some at sites like jobs.wordpress.net, freelancer.com or elance.com.

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Sunday Dec 2nd, 2012 at 4:47 pm #33240

Thanks Eduan

Posted: Sunday Dec 2nd, 2012 at 7:17 pm #33249
Eduan

No problem. :)

It may be useful to give him the link to the s2Member codex: s2Member® » Codex (Source Code Docs)

– Eduan

Posted: Monday Dec 3rd, 2012 at 3:51 am #33276

Thanks Eduan – I’ve posted the job on jobs.wordpress.net.

Do you think a multi-site network might be one way to make it work?

So Site A and Site B become part of the same network, with S2Member installed on the network. That may give me the flexibility I am looking for in terms of using different themes on both sites. I am a complete novice when it comes to this kind of thing, and would appreciate your advice.

Christian

Posted: Monday Dec 3rd, 2012 at 8:33 am #33294
Eduan

Hello Christian,

I don’t think that will help you, being in the same host will however, if I’m not mistaken.

– Eduan

Posted: Monday Dec 3rd, 2012 at 12:00 pm #33315

Thanks Eduan, I will wait to hear back from the job I posted, and see if anything can be done.

Posted: Monday Dec 3rd, 2012 at 12:58 pm #33320
Eduan

No problem. Hope somebody is interested. :)

Posted: Tuesday Dec 4th, 2012 at 11:11 am #33437

Someone has responded to the job, and suggested using an iframe to work around the problem. While I can see how this would work, it doesn’t seem to me to be the best way of doing it. What do you think?

Posted: Tuesday Dec 4th, 2012 at 12:10 pm #33440
Eduan

It may work. I’m not experienced with iframes myself. But if there is a way to launch a remote iframe, then it would work.

In other words, make site A launch an iframe which is contained in site B. Whereas site B would have s2Member.

If there is a way to do this, then it would work, though probably with some extra code in order for the iframe to be inside a WordPress page or post.

Again, I’m not sure.

– Eduan

Posted: Tuesday Dec 4th, 2012 at 12:18 pm #33443

Thanks Eduan.

Posted: Tuesday Dec 4th, 2012 at 12:21 pm #33445
Eduan

No problem. :)

Give them this info if possible, so that they may answer respectively.

– Eduan

Posted: Wednesday Dec 5th, 2012 at 9:25 am #33556

When using S2Member, is it possible to have the “buy” buttons/links on a separate site to your membership site?

What payment gateway do you want to do this with? Using a pro-form or button?

Posted: Wednesday Dec 5th, 2012 at 9:49 am #33563

What payment gateway do you want to do this with?

PayPal.

Using a pro-form or button?

A button or link would suffice to begin with.

Posted: Wednesday Dec 5th, 2012 at 11:13 am #33574

Cool. To have the buttons in another site, you can use buttons created over at PayPal and integrated with s2Member following this article: Knowledge Base » Using PayPal created buttons.

That only works for new users, not to upgrade existing ones, but it seems that’s what you need so it should be fine.

I hope it helps. :)

Posted: Wednesday Dec 5th, 2012 at 3:22 pm #33610

Thanks Cristián, that is really helpful.

Just one follow-up question:

To set billing cycle information, I have taken a look at the code generated by the S2Member button code generator, and it looks like I need to add some variables for the length of time that I want the membership to last.

For example, if I want the membership to last for 1 year, I would add the following to the “advanced variables” box in the PayPal button generator:

p3=1
t3=Y

Is this correct?

Posted: Wednesday Dec 5th, 2012 at 3:48 pm #33616
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Hi Christian,

For example, if I want the membership to last for 1 year, I would add the following to the “advanced variables” box in the PayPal button generator:

p3=1
t3=Y

Yes that’s correct. A certain amount of trial-an-error is also needed to get this going correctly.

Posted: Friday Dec 7th, 2012 at 5:43 am #33850

Do you mean recurringly every year, or just last that year? If the latter, a Buy Now transaction may be best.

When you create the button over at PayPal, you do it with a graphic interface and won’t be editing code. The button code it gives you is just a sort of ID for the button and PayPal uses it to pull all the button’s settings from its database, so you won’t be editing variables as the [hilite mono]p3[/hilite] or [hilite mono]t3[/hilite].

Posted: Saturday Dec 8th, 2012 at 5:45 am #33976

When you create the button over at PayPal, you do it with a graphic interface and won’t be editing code. The button code it gives you is just a sort of ID for the button and PayPal uses it to pull all the button’s settings from its database, so you won’t be editing variables as the p3 or t3.

Adding those variables would appear to be the only way to set the EOT. Otherwise, how do I tell PayPal to tell S2Member that the membership lasts for only one year?

Viewing 18 replies - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.