latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Buying multiple membership packages at once?

Home Forums Community Forum Buying multiple membership packages at once?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Feb 13th, 2013 at 8:09 am #41605
Pete
Username: u2sonderzug

I am doing some planning for a client who sells sports tips and wants to build out a website. Lets say a use-case might be the following:

a) A user can buy access to Horse Race Results for Australia for a year (www.website.com/members/au)
b) A user can buy access to Horse Race Results for New Zealand for a year (www.website.com/members/nz)
c) A user can buy access to Horse Race Results for Hong Kong for a year (www.website.com/members/hk)

and

d) A user can buy any combination of a/b/c (a, b, c or a, c)

Is this possible with s2member? The ability to purchase multiple memberships on the same site?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Feb 14th, 2013 at 7:46 pm #41737
Pete

Hey guys, really would like to use this product if I can resolve some of these open issues. Thanks!

Posted: Friday Feb 15th, 2013 at 6:59 am #41845
Staff Member

Thanks for your inquiry. ~ We appreciate your patience :-)

s2Member® does not support multiple simultaneous “Subscriptions” (e.g. where there is recurring billing or EOT Times for multiple Recurring Billing Profiles). However, it is possible to sell Custom Capabilities to existing Users/Members; and also to sell Specific Post/Page Access over and over again; providing access to content on certain Posts/Pages (in addition to any Membership that you’ve sold them).

Please see: Video » s2Member (Specific Posts/Pages)
See also: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Buttons -› Capability (Buy Now) Buttons
With s2Member® Pro: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Capability (Buy Now) Forms

It is also possible to upgrade a Member from one Level or Custom Capability Package to another.
This keeps all of the billing under a single Recurring Payment Profile.
See: Video » s2Member (Custom Capabilities)
See also: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Custom Capabilities

To answer your question though. No. What you’re looking for is not currently possible with s2Member®.

Posted: Tuesday Feb 19th, 2013 at 6:50 am #42473
Pete

Hi Jason,

Thank you for your reply. You might have answered this with what you said – but I’m still understanding how your software works – so perhaps I missed something.

While I want to sell packages that maintain access for a period of time, I have no need for them to be rebilled automatically, I just want access to drop off at the end of the time (i.e. one month, one year). The customer should be able to buy several packages though.

Would this be possible?

Posted: Thursday Feb 21st, 2013 at 1:59 am #42650
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thanks for the follow-up.

While I want to sell packages that maintain access for a period of time, I have no need for them to be rebilled automatically, I just want access to drop off at the end of the time (i.e. one month, one year). The customer should be able to buy several packages though.

As Jason mentioned, Custom Capabilities would probably work perfectly for you here. You can protect Post/Pages with Custom Capabilities just as you would with Member Level Access Restrictions. The only difference is that Membership Levels are incremental, meaning that an s2Member Level 2 User would have access to everything a s2Member Level 1 Member would.

Custom Capabilities do not work this way, which means that you can have all Users sign up at the same level, with a specified number of Custom Capabilties (or as you call them Packages). Each of these Custom Capabilities would protect one or many Posts/Pages on your site, and Users can buy more Custom Capabilities with the forms here later:

Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Capability (Buy Now) Forms

Does that make sense?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.