latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Buying "one off" custom capabilities

Home Forums Community Forum Buying "one off" custom capabilities

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 4 years, 1 month ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Dec 4th, 2012 at 5:27 am #33420

Hi there,

I would like to enable site visitors (who are NOT logged in) to purchase access to certain pages on a “one off” basis (i.e. pay once and get access for a lifetime specifically for pages they bought). I am using custom capability for that (each page has its own custom capability).

The problem is that users who are not even level 0 (i.e. not logged in) have to first create a profile and become level 0 before they can purchase access to a page. The default behavior of the custom capabilities PayPal Pro Form in this case is to show a warning message saying “You have to login before making this purchase!”. Yet it still shows the form, INCLUDING the portion intended for profile creation. If I fill out the information and submit (despite the “login” warning), the process does not work, and the purchase page is simply redisplayed with the same warning.

This behavior is far from ideal. What I would expect is that users that are not logged in will be able to purchase a custom capability while creating their profile at the same step, similar to how a user buys a paid membership for the site, where the PayPal Pro form enables the user to create a profile AND pay for membership in one interaction. Why is the custom capability behavior different?

Can you please let me know how is it possible to provide the user experience I described above to users that are not logged in to the site (i.e. create their profile AND pay for a one-off purchase of custom capability using a single interaction)?

While we are at it, is there any way to customize the look and feel of the paypal pro forms? I would like to change the style of some elements.

Thanks for your help,

Moty

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Dec 4th, 2012 at 6:17 pm #33485
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Hi Moty,

You will want to use s2Member conditionals (Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Simple/Shortcode Conditionals) to check if the user is logged in. If they are, you can use Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Billing Modification Forms to add Custom Capabilities to members, instead of having them sign up again. Otherwise, users will need to use the forms at Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Membership Level # Forms.

While we are at it, is there any way to customize the look and feel of the paypal pro forms? I would like to change the style of some elements.

Yes. Check this out:

Pre Sale FAQs » Is it possible to modify s2Member® Pro Form templates?

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.