latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Calculating VAT with paypal button?

Home Forums Community Forum Calculating VAT with paypal button?

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Feb 25th, 2013 at 8:25 am #43155
alex van dam
Username: avandam

Is it possible to calculate VAT with a simple paypal button? Is it possible to add some code to the the button?
Could you please help me in adding the code. The percentage of VAT is 21%. Help is much appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Feb 26th, 2013 at 8:31 am #43221

Hi Alex.

With s2Member Pro Forms, s2Member Pro allows you to configure taxes inside your WordPress Dashboard for all transaction types. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Tax Rate Calculations[/hilite]

With Standard PayPal “Buy Now” Buttons, taxes need to be configured inside your PayPal account instead. http://flyingcart.com/blog/how-do-i-use-my-paypal-tax-settings/

Checkout occurs at PayPal in that case, and tax rates need to be configured based on the Customer’s location, which is something that only PayPal will know.

PayPal does not apply your tax calculations to Subscriptions, though, so you’ll need to make them Buy Now Buttons.

Or, if the location doesn’t matter and it’s the same tax for everyone, you also have the option of just including it to the amount you’re charging, so there’s not tax calculation needed by s2Member or PayPal.

I hope that helps. :)

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.