latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Can I Do This?

Home Forums Community Forum Can I Do This?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 4 years, 1 month ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Nov 25th, 2012 at 12:03 am #32515

I’m not looking to use S2 as a paid membership site. I want to use it as a place for my clients to go to log into their individual accounts. Their accounts will have information that should only be available to them after they log in.

For example, their account may contain a history of their orders that should be protected from other clients.

Is this possible with S2? Or do I need other software?

-Rainer

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Nov 25th, 2012 at 10:07 am #32531
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Rainer,

Well, this is possible without s2Member, although WordPress isn’t designed for this. So it might be better if you hire a freelancer to create a system like this for you, or customize WordPress to work like this, but it wasn’t designed for this.

WordPress was designed to post content easily, remember that.

– Eduan

Posted: Wednesday Nov 28th, 2012 at 4:46 pm #32823

Do you recommend a good site to find good freelance help?

I am too looking for this exact same functionality.

Posted: Wednesday Nov 28th, 2012 at 6:16 pm #32835

Now, I thought he was asking the same thing as I want to konw, but my question is slightly different.

Can I use s2member to create a few pages that only a member (that is allowed) can go to?

For example a guild wants to have one page with links to forms and minutes that only they can get, when I give them a username and password. Can I set up each one with their own username and password and only allow them to go to that one (or two) pages? Or perhaps have one username and password for the group and then change that password each year as membership is due?

Is this something that I can use s2member for? I already have a pro account with another site, but it is a paid subscription site This, on the other handwould only be for members I sign up, no money is involved, and I don’t want anyone else to sign up.

Thank you

Posted: Thursday Nov 29th, 2012 at 10:14 am #32904
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello there,

Do you recommend a good site to find good freelance help?

Yes, I forgot to mention that. I suggest jobs.wordpress.net, if you want to use WordPress for this. Or freelancer.com or elance.com.

For example a guild wants to have one page with links to forms and minutes that only they can get, when I give them a username and password. Can I set up each one with their own username and password and only allow them to go to that one (or two) pages? Or perhaps have one username and password for the group and then change that password each year as membership is due?

Yes you can do this, the only problem with this is that s2Member still doesn’t think in groups, only thinks per user. So if all the users use the same account then it’s no problem. Just remember to change your IP restriction settings (Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Restriction Options -› Unique IP Access Restrictions).

And since you have the pro version, you can use free registration pro-forms, even to offer paid levels, for free.

– Eduan

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.