latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Can I force password change on login?

Home Forums Community Forum Can I force password change on login?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Dec 14th, 2012 at 3:16 pm #34704

Is it possible to force password change on login for imported members, who will have been sent a default password (when asked to use the new S2Member system to pay for their subscription)?

I’ve tried the plugin https://github.com/lumpysimon/wp-force-password-change but it gives me a redirect loop when I use it with S2Member.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Dec 16th, 2012 at 8:26 am #34779

Hi David.

I don’t know how to require them to do that… You’d need to search for a plugin that does it and doesn’t conflict with s2Member. What is the redirection loop that you described? From what URL to what other URL, etc?

Posted: Monday Dec 17th, 2012 at 12:23 pm #34849

Thanks for the reply. My browser told me there was a redirection loop and gave no details. However I imagine that it’s something to do with s2Member trying to go to the Login Welcome page and the plugin I tested going to the User Profile page in order to change the password.

Is there any way of getting s2Member not automatically going to the Login Welcome page?

Posted: Tuesday Dec 18th, 2012 at 10:01 am #34935

Hmm… no, it’ll go there. You can set a URL instead of a page. Not sure if that’ll help in your case, though. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Login Welcome Page -> Special Redirection URL[/hilite]

You could create a hack with the [hilite mono]"ws_plugin__s2member_login_redirect"[/hilite] filter to change it dynamically, though.

Posted: Tuesday Dec 18th, 2012 at 5:48 pm #34970

Thanks for alerting me to “ws_plugin__s2member_login_redirect” because I did a search on it and found http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/how-to-remove-s2member-login-redirect-hook/ with Jason mentioning the One-Time-Offer feature which allows me to redirect all users on first login to a particular page.

I found some code to produce a password change form at http://pippinsplugins.com/change-password-form-short-code/ so now I can direct the first-time login to a page with the password change shortcode on it requesting users change their password before proceeding!

Posted: Wednesday Dec 19th, 2012 at 9:07 am #35040

Sounds great! :)

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.