latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Can I stop editors from restricting content?

Home Forums Community Forum Can I stop editors from restricting content?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Scott Foster 3 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Feb 2nd, 2013 at 3:31 am #40332

I have been able to limit a lot of admin abilities, but how can i hide the S2 content restriction ability when they publish posts? I only want the admin to have that ability.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Feb 3rd, 2013 at 3:24 am #40527
Staff Member

Thanks for your inquiry. ~ We appreciate your patience :-)

Please create this directory and file:
/wp-content/mu-plugins/s2-hacks.php
(NOTE: these are MUST USE plugins, see: http://codex.wordpress.org/Must_Use_Plugins)
(See also: http://www.s2member.com/kb/hacking-s2member/)

Posted: Sunday Feb 3rd, 2013 at 12:36 pm #40559

Awesome, Im assuming I can also use regular admin role in place of super admin since im not running multisite right? Thanks Jason for your support.

Posted: Monday Feb 4th, 2013 at 1:37 pm #40757
Staff Member

Thanks for your reply :-)

Yes, that would be fine.
However, please note that is_super_admin() works whether you are running in Multisite mode — or not :-)

Posted: Monday Feb 4th, 2013 at 2:39 pm #40768

Jason I created the directory and files like you said, but I get an error:
Warning: in_array() [function.in-array]: Wrong datatype for second argument in /home/thetaste/public_html/wp-content/plugins/s2member/includes/classes/meta-boxes.inc.php on line 51

I tried with and without the closing php tag if that was missing in your code…

Posted: Monday Feb 4th, 2013 at 2:43 pm #40769
Staff Member

Thanks for the follow-up :-)

My fault. I missed the dollar sign in what_s2_says. I’ve updated the code sample above.

Posted: Monday Feb 4th, 2013 at 2:53 pm #40771

Yes it worked! My masterpiece is complete, for now…lol. Jason your the man!

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.