latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

can I use s2member without paypal?

Home Forums Community Forum can I use s2member without paypal?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 4 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Feb 7th, 2012 at 4:35 pm #4389
bschiett
Username: bschiett

Hi,
I’m interested in using s2member but want to manually process memberships for now.
So i’d like the user to first register, then they get in touch with us, and if they want a membership we manually go into the backend and approve the membership and set an expiration date.
After expiration the user has to contact us again to renew payment and we enable it again by setting expiration date.
Is this possible?
Thanks
B

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Feb 7th, 2012 at 4:48 pm #4390
Eduan
Username: Eduan

This is certainly possible, even with the free version of s2Member.

Hope this answers your question. :)

Posted: Tuesday Feb 7th, 2012 at 4:51 pm #4391
bschiett

thanks – what should I configure or not configure to make this work? It’s not clear to me how I keep paypal out of the equation for now and how I can add it later.

Posted: Tuesday Feb 7th, 2012 at 5:44 pm #4397
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Hi B,

To add a payment gateway other than those that come with s2Member or s2Member Pro, you will need an advanced knowledge of s2Member. It would take reading through the source to find the specific function calls you need to make. s2Member Pro’s system already passes the values from the payment gateways into the PayPal system.

s2Member Pro does support multiple payment gateways by default. You can see an explanation about the payment gateways here:

http://www.s2member.com/faqs/#s2-faqs-payment-gateways

Hope that helps.

Posted: Tuesday Feb 7th, 2012 at 5:47 pm #4398
bschiett

hi Bruce
Thanks for the reply. I don’t want a payment gateway right now, I just want to do it manually (see my original message at the top of the page)
Should I just leave paypal unconfigured and manually set the EOT field for each user then when I receive payment?
Thanks
B

Posted: Tuesday Feb 7th, 2012 at 5:49 pm #4399
Bruce
Staff Member

Hi B,

I’m sorry I didn’t catch that. Yes, you can very easily just add users manually through the WordPress Dashboard. s2Member adds user meta boxes that you can fill in to set the user’s EOT dates etc.

Posted: Tuesday Feb 7th, 2012 at 5:51 pm #4400
bschiett

ok

what if we later want to add paypal integration?

Posted: Tuesday Feb 7th, 2012 at 5:56 pm #4402
Bruce
Staff Member

Hi B,

Once you add in PayPal or another payment gateway, your other users will be unaffected. Users created beforehand will be able to renew with PayPal if they chose to, and new members could check out with PayPal® as well.

s2Member also has Registration Access Links to help you through the process. You can have users send you money with PayPal in the meantime, and send them a link made specifically for the transaction ID they signed up on. This would take care of EOT dates from PayPal and refunds / charge backs you may get.

Hope that helps.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.