latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Can I whitelist an IP address?

Home Forums Community Forum Can I whitelist an IP address?

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 4 years, 1 month ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Dec 7th, 2012 at 1:02 pm #33904
Tan Nguyen
Username: td2

HI there,

I have a very specific requirement for a proposal I’m working on and I’m considering s2member as a solution.

Can you tell me if I can whitelist an IP address (the company IP) so that employees do not have to login to view the member site? I’m planning on using s2member as an intranet solution and this is very important.

Basically from the homepage of the internet site in the footer there will be a link that will link that says “Employee Site” and when they are at work they won’t need to login and be able to access all the employee pages. If they are at another location, they’ll have to enter their credentials, as usual.

Thank you,
Tan

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Dec 8th, 2012 at 8:28 am #33984
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Tan,

I’m afraid this isn’t currently possible with s2Member, at least not without modifying it.

There was an old post about this in the old PrimoThemes forums, however I wasn’t able to find it with a quick search. If you do find it, there is a hack there for achieving this.

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Saturday Dec 8th, 2012 at 8:40 am #33987
Eduan

I just noticed, Bruce (support rep) has posted a new hack in the community support forums, hacks section.

It lets you login a user depending on his IP: http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/automatic-login-based-on-ip/

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Saturday Dec 8th, 2012 at 8:48 am #33990
Tan Nguyen
Username: td2

Whew, that’s fantastic. At least I know there’s a way to do it. Thanks so much for finding that for me…I was looking around after I read your post and couldn’t find it. Hope you guys offer something like that soon though because if it’s used for an intranet (I’m was planning on writing a blog post about this whole experience of setting up an intranet with WordPress) that would be super helpful.
Thanks so much!
Tan

Posted: Saturday Dec 8th, 2012 at 10:35 pm #34031
Eduan

No problem. Glad I was able to help.

I believe this was confirmed in the next generation of s2Member, however don’t quote me, because I’m not sure.

– Eduan

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.