latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Can it be used for magazine subscriptions?

Home Forums Community Forum Can it be used for magazine subscriptions?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Feb 20th, 2013 at 3:06 pm #42607

Good day,

I am starting a new project for a Magazine Website, they require a subsciption manager that will handle the magazine subscriptions.

Needs :

For a user to purchase a magazine PRINT subsciption with durations of 1 or 3 years.
For a user to purchase a magzine subsciption PDF, that can be download via the website, durations of 1 or 3 years.
To be able to modify user subscriptions, address, renewals, etc.
To be able to export the subscribers name and mailing address via a list or report, this list or report needs to be sent to the magazine distributor.
To be able to import the current base via a .csv import or something of that nature.

Can s2member do all of this?

Thank-you for taking the time to reply.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Feb 21st, 2013 at 4:24 am #42684

Hi Mario.

I know that some site owners have been using s2Member to sell their magazines. Only online, as far as I know, though, not printed. I don’t know how you’d tie the subscription with the printed version of the mag.

Except for the import/export of users, which is possible with s2Member Pro, the rest of the things you mentioned are possible with the free version of s2Member. I suggest that you play with that to see if you can do what you need and if so, then upgrade to get the import/export feature.

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Saturday Mar 2nd, 2013 at 8:21 am #43594

Good day and thanks for taking the time to reply.

Let me explain my needs a litte more, I think it can be done, but I want to make sure.

We sell magazine in print, 1 year and 3 year subscriptions, and we also sell the same in PDF format.

For the print, all I need is, a way for a member to select the subscription they want example 1 or 3 years, pay for it and a reminder when there subscription comes due (lets say 3 months in advance). I also need a way to export the contact details for these members so I can send them to my distribution company via a .CSV file.

For the PDF files, give access to members to download them.

SO example, create a membership level, lets say 1 year subscription, set a price, members that select that subscription will be in that membership level.

Am I correct about this?

Thanks for the help.

Posted: Sunday Mar 3rd, 2013 at 12:56 am #43654

Further to the above, in the case of multi site installations, are there pre built plugins to report across all sites (I am aware that s2member does not share data between sites in a multi site setup)?

I am in a similar situation, exploring different plugins for use with paper and digital subscriptions and appreciate any assistance.

:)

Posted: Tuesday Mar 5th, 2013 at 6:21 am #43750

Mario said:
For the print, all I need is, a way for a member to select the subscription they want example 1 or 3 years, pay for it and a reminder when there subscription comes due (lets say 3 months in advance). I also need a way to export the contact details for these members so I can send them to my distribution company via a .CSV file.

s2Member doesn’t have a reminder for coming charges yet. There’s a hack you can try for that, though: http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/setting-up-eot-notifications/

s2Member Pro does have a user CSV export tool. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Import/Export -› User/Member Exportation[/hilite]

Mario said:
SO example, create a membership level, lets say 1 year subscription, set a price, members that select that subscription will be in that membership level.

Yes, you can sell a Level 1 for one year, either as a single buy-now payment, or recurring subscription payments. Then you protect the PDF file at level 1 and only level 1 members would have access to it. Video » s2Member (File Download Options)

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Tuesday Mar 5th, 2013 at 6:24 am #43751

Ben said:
Further to the above, in the case of multi site installations, are there pre built plugins to report across all sites (I am aware that s2member does not share data between sites in a multi site setup)?

Could you explain what you mean with reporting across sites? Thanks. :)

Posted: Tuesday Mar 5th, 2013 at 7:14 pm #43815

Hi,

By reporting across all sites – I’m wanting a single report of all the individual members and their subscriptions from the various sites within the multi site setup, does this make sense?

Thank you for your assistance

Posted: Wednesday Mar 6th, 2013 at 5:51 am #43848

Hello again,

Taking a look at http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/buddypress-search-on-s2m-profile-fields/ you make mention of http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/amr-users/ which is the sort of thing I’m wanting to do – but across many sites running s2Member.

It may be the case that I need to follow: http://www.primothemes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=15658&p=48878#p48878 which you also included in your post :)

Posted: Sunday Mar 10th, 2013 at 1:39 am #44192

Ah, yes, those would help.

Also, if I’m not mistaken, users are tied to a blog in the network, so you may need to do something extra to get users from all blogs. Maybe not, but keep it in mind. :)

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.