latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Can S2 Member Create Replicated WordPress Sit

Home Forums Community Forum Can S2 Member Create Replicated WordPress Sit

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Oct 3rd, 2012 at 9:22 am #27333

So here’s what I’m wondering if it’s possible with your plugin. I think it is, but am looking for the correct path to take to integrate this.

I’m looking to use WordPress MU to create replicated websites (multi-blogs) for my users. The website is the same website for each user, but each user gets their own subdomain website like (joe.mysite.com or bill.mysite.com).

To make this work here’s what I’m needing to do:

1. Replicates Websites Using Subdomains
Like mentioned above, each user gets their own subdomain site.

2. Customizable Admin Area For Users
(Not the typical “profile.php” from wordpress) I need my own design and need the ability for my users to update their profile from this custom area. Also need to protect this “/members” folder which will contain multiple different “admin user” pages. (please see attachment)

3. Users Can Update Profile, Add Pictures, Bio’s, and Other Information From Their Admin Area
From our custom designed admin area, users can upload images, create a bio, or other info we ask from them.

4. Domain Mapping
Allows users to add their own domain name using our CNAME. (ex: http://joe.mysite.com points to http://www.joes-site.com)

5. Large Text Fields
I want users to be able to put in their custom autoresponder code instead of mine (but empty fields should default to a default setting)

6. Use Tags To Display Users Info On Their Website
On http://jill.mysite.com I want to be able to show her name, photo, bio, and other info on her website. Do this for each member’s site. %%firstname%%, %%email%% to show users info on their website, along with custom fields and standard fields.

7. Design & CSS Customization
We want to create our own login, signup, and all pages to have it with our own unique look.

Thanks

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Oct 4th, 2012 at 8:03 am #27420

Hi Andrew.

No, I’m afraid s2Member doesn’t do what you’re asking. Actually, it seems you’ll need a combination of plugins to get all you’re asking, but I may be wrong.

You can try the free version of s2Member, which supports multisite, and see what it provides. You can customize wp-login.php a bit from here: [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Login Registration Design[/hilite]

s2Member Pro lets you add more features, including the login widget and pro-forms, which would be helpful to customize the login and registration.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.