latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Can S2Member be device specific?

Home Forums Community Forum Can S2Member be device specific?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Feb 6th, 2012 at 4:41 pm #4125

hi. I have a client who wants to limit access to protected pages to specific devices, once payment has been received. In other words, subscribers can only access the protected pages from their desktop, laptop or other device that they opened their account with. If they try to access their protected account from another device, they are notified that they have to purchase another subscription for that device.

I have S2Member Pro and am about to bid on the engagement. Can S2 member enforce that device-specific restriction?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Feb 7th, 2012 at 1:55 am #4269

No, s2Member doesn’t include that kind of check for restrictions. We’ve honestly never been requested this before, that I remember.

If you know how to detect the device, you could log it on registration and then compare it on login or when trying to view a certain page, to see if it’s the same one and give an error if not.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.