latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Can s2member do this?

Home Forums Community Forum Can s2member do this?

This topic contains 20 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Jay Wasack 4 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Aug 3rd, 2012 at 2:24 pm #21128
Jay Wasack
Username: jpw94

I want to assign a unique user id / password to each pre-paid customer.
The pre-paid customer will have his/her own content page viewable only to them.

Is there a way to restrict a page to a specific user id?

Thank you.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Aug 8th, 2012 at 7:41 pm #21564
Jason k
Username: kstyles662

Jay,

I think with a little manipulation, you could pull this off using custom capabilities OR look into specific page/post.
Check it out.

You could issue a unique custom capability to each user, Then either with conditionals or on each wordpress page enter in the custom capabilites for the user who can access that page throught he box “Require Custom Capabilities?” that lives on each word press page in the admin.

Hope that helps

Jason K.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by  Jason k.
Posted: Thursday Aug 9th, 2012 at 9:27 am #21625
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Jay,

Have you tried this video? It should give you a good idea of what you need to do:

<Embed Playlist>

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Thursday Aug 9th, 2012 at 9:51 am #21633
Jason k
Username: kstyles662

Jay and Eudan,

Good one Eudan, didnt know this video existed. I didnt watch it since i am at work and didnt have a extra 15min to spare now but based on the name of it. It sounds exactly like what Jay needs.

Report back to us.

Thanks,
Jason K.

Posted: Wednesday Aug 15th, 2012 at 7:29 pm #22162
Jay Wasack

This is exactly what I was looking for! Thank you so much for that reference.

Posted: Wednesday Aug 15th, 2012 at 8:13 pm #22163
Eduan

Excellent Jay! Glad I was able to help. :)

Posted: Wednesday Aug 15th, 2012 at 10:03 pm #22169
Jay Wasack

Ok, I know exactly how to execute your instructions (duh!).
Here is what I do not understand.

How do I set it up so there’s a common customized login page? Where do I specify that?
Is there a way to create a page which contains the shortcodes that will require the normal login info?
I hope I am asking this correctly.

To say it slightly differently, I wish to have a menu item on my site which is “subscriber area”.
When that is clicked, it goes to a login page which then redirects as this video sets it up.

I hope this makes sense.

Posted: Thursday Aug 16th, 2012 at 10:04 am #22234
Eduan

Hello Jay,

Well if you have the pro version of s2Member, you can use the code found here:
Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Pro Login Widget (via PHP)

Also, you could set the login welcome page to redirect to a custom URL, that URL would be what you setup.

Posted: Thursday Aug 16th, 2012 at 10:08 am #22236
Jay Wasack

I was pretty certain the Pro version would provide the needed functionality.
I was hoping to test my setup.
If I create a custom URL, is there a method for creating a login procedure with works with s2M?

Thank you.

Posted: Thursday Aug 16th, 2012 at 11:32 am #22250
Eduan

What exactly do you mean with login procedure, Jay?

Posted: Thursday Aug 16th, 2012 at 11:37 am #22253
Jay Wasack

When someone is directed to a page, that page must contain something (pardon the dumbness!) which required credentials which are validated. Is that part of the PRO version? I build a page, add some shortcodes which request and validate user login credentials? Short of custom programming, is that the easiest way?

Posted: Thursday Aug 16th, 2012 at 1:20 pm #22260
Eduan

Hmm, I believe this work-flow is not possible with s2Member, even pro. Although it might be worth to ask in the pre-sale questions forum and see if any of the support reps can offer any ideas.

Posted: Friday Aug 17th, 2012 at 8:22 am #22328
Jay Wasack

Hi, I am surprised you say that.

I hope it is not because I have not stated question properly.

I look at the setting “Login Welcome Page” and follow the video instructions and add a re-direct URL (http://www.mysite.com/%%current_user_login%%) which allows me to control one page-one user as the video suggests.

But where does the login take place? How is that triggered?
I have a link for members only. I have a page that, when a user goes there, they should be required to login, and that would put them on THEIR content page. But I don’t see how I force that login.

Posted: Friday Aug 17th, 2012 at 2:53 pm #22384
Eduan

The login welcome page is the page to which users go after they login, in order to welcome them or whatever you want.

So if the user is not logged in, he will not have access to the login welcome page, however, if the user is atleast level 0, then he will have access to the login welcome page.

Posted: Friday Aug 17th, 2012 at 10:53 pm #22410
Jay Wasack

i figured out how to create a link in the menu to bring the user to a login page. It now works the way I had hoped although I would like to have a more customized page for login.

Thank you for all of your direction!!

Posted: Saturday Aug 18th, 2012 at 10:20 am #22445
Eduan

You’re welcome Jay!

Glad I was able to help. :)

Posted: Saturday Aug 18th, 2012 at 12:02 pm #22454
Jay Wasack

One follow up question:

Can I specify more than one ccap for a given page? If so, how? ccap separated by a comma or space? (ccap1 ccap2)

Posted: Saturday Aug 18th, 2012 at 3:08 pm #22462
Eduan

By comma:
ccap1, ccap2, ccap3, etc.

Although, remember that it will require all of them, it’s not one or the other, it’s all of them.

Posted: Saturday Aug 18th, 2012 at 4:02 pm #22463
Jay Wasack

interesting. i tested and i had a page that was ccap1,ccap2
i logged into a user that was only ccap1 and i was allowed access to that page.

Posted: Saturday Aug 18th, 2012 at 5:14 pm #22464
Eduan

That’s very strange, I tried the same and was sent to the membership options page. O_o

Posted: Saturday Aug 18th, 2012 at 5:38 pm #22466
Jay Wasack

I will re-check. I want to have a master code which will give access to all pages (for an admin).

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.