latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

can s2member do this?

Home Forums Community Forum can s2member do this?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  eric green 3 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Mar 13th, 2013 at 10:59 pm #44565
eric green
Username: shamguy4

im not fully sure where to post this….
im new here

I am creating a site and maybe one day I will want to hide content from certain members.

But for now what i really want is for users that never get to see the backend.

I am using a dfferent plugin (types and view and cred) that allows users to post an article from the front end and such…(im creating a business directory via this method)
but they need to be logged in so I figured this looked like a good place for a plugin that allows logging in.

also I wanted that if a user wants to post an article they first must pay.
can I use s2member to do this? like make a page -they pay -then they make it to the next page where they can post. so its sort of like blocking content but not really…. just blocking a page where they can post.

it would be a one time fee each time.

can s2members do this?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Mar 15th, 2013 at 1:38 pm #44729
eric green

anyone?

Posted: Saturday Mar 16th, 2013 at 2:31 am #44903
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for your inquiry.

We are very sorry for the delay.

I am creating a site and maybe one day I will want to hide content from certain members.

But for now what i really want is for users that never get to see the backend.

I am using a dfferent plugin (types and view and cred) that allows users to post an article from the front end and such…(im creating a business directory via this method)
but they need to be logged in so I figured this looked like a good place for a plugin that allows logging in.

s2Member will automatically block access the WordPress Dashboard and redirect to your Login Welcome Page when installed. In addition, if (somehow) a User were to be able to access the WordPress Dashboard, they would not have any of the permissions needed to view any of your settings or edit/view anything on your site, unless you edit your WordPress Roles manually to allow this.

Therefore, there should not be any changes to be made here. Just activate s2Member and you should be good-to-go here.

also I wanted that if a user wants to post an article they first must pay.
can I use s2member to do this? like make a page -they pay -then they make it to the next page where they can post. so its sort of like blocking content but not really…. just blocking a page where they can post.

it would be a one time fee each time.

It sounds like you’re looking for Specific Post/Page Buy Now links. You can find these in your Dashboard here:

Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Specific Post/Page (Buy Now) Forms

An alternative way to handle this (if you feel Specific Post/Page Access will not work for you) would be to sell access to Custom Capabilities, and restrict access to a Post with the Custom Capability that you are selling. Then, you can use the following article to remove the Custom Capability that the User had bought when they have finished posting.

See: Knowledge Base » Changing Roles/Capabilities via PHP
See Also: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Custom Capabilities

Posted: Saturday Mar 16th, 2013 at 3:53 am #44906

Hi Eric.

No, s2Member doesnt’ manage access to the admin area, and posting is done on the admin side.

Now, if you have a plugin that lets you post from the front end of the site, then you could protect the page where that form is, with the URI restriction. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Restriction Options -› URI Access Restrictions[/hilite]

But having the capability to post, would also allow them to the admin side, if I’m not mistaken.

Posted: Sunday Mar 17th, 2013 at 1:07 am #44963
eric green

ok… so from reading uri access is where a member is blocked. while specific page is nonmebers also?
i think I do need them to be members because what if they want to edit a post?

the capability to post with the right plugins is not admin side.
check out CRED. at wp-types.com
its quite amazing!
You can create forms that will upload to the custom post type of your choice. And they have an edit button for the front end.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.