latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Can Users Delete Their Account?

Home Forums Community Forum Can Users Delete Their Account?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Hamid 3 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Jan 23rd, 2013 at 1:54 pm #39196
Hamid
Username: zawiyaprojects

Hello Support, is there a way to allow users to delete their membership account (whether paid or free). I’m not talking about demoting the account at the EOT but rather giving a user the ability to delete their account altogether (ie they no longer want their membership).

Thanks

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Jan 24th, 2013 at 4:42 am #39326
Staff Member

Thanks for your inquiry. ~ We appreciate your patience :-)

Are these paying members (any of them)? Or is everyone a Free Subscriber? Once I know this I can probably help you with more specific information. Thanks!

See also: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Billing Cancellation Forms
See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Automatic EOT Behavior
See: Knowledge Base » s2Member® Pro Forms

Posted: Thursday Jan 24th, 2013 at 4:44 am #39327
Staff Member

Hello Support, is there a way to allow users to delete their membership account (whether paid or free). I’m not talking about demoting the account at the EOT but rather giving a user the ability to delete their account altogether (ie they no longer want their membership).

In your post, you mentioned (paid or free). However, a paying customer needs to cancel billing first. So if you present them with a Billing Cancellation Form, and set your EOT Behavior to “delete”, that should work nicely. Keep in mind that cancelling billing, does not always warrant an immediate EOT. They might still have time left.

Posted: Thursday Jan 24th, 2013 at 4:44 am #39328
Staff Member
Posted: Thursday Jan 24th, 2013 at 6:18 am #39366
Hamid

Thanks Jason. You brought up some points of clarification. Could you answer the following:

1.) When a paid member cancels their subscription, doesn’t it just cancel the recurring payment?

2.) If a paid member cancels their an annual subscription after two months of the payment date, doesn’t the EOT end in 10 months? At which time, we could set it up to automatically demote them to a free “subscriber”.

If the above answers are yes, perhaps we could give paid user the option to cancel their subscription and at the EOT demote them to free members. Then we could give any free subscribers the option (in our members options page) to “delete” their account using

<?php wp_delete_user( $id); ?> 

But (I’m not a programmer) how does that give the user the “option” to delete their account?

Sorry for my lack of knowledge here.
Hamid

Posted: Thursday Jan 24th, 2013 at 10:50 am #39413
Hamid

Update: I found a plugin called “Delete Me” that allow you to offer an account deletion option to your users (using shortcode on a page or post).

Still if someone can confirm the above two question, I would appreciate it :)

Hamid

Posted: Friday Jan 25th, 2013 at 3:29 pm #39545
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

1.) When a paid member cancels their subscription, doesn’t it just cancel the recurring payment?

That’s correct. If a user cancels their subscription, they are telling PayPal (or whatever gateway you’re using) not to bill them again. They are still provided access for the time that they have paid for.

2.) If a paid member cancels their an annual subscription after two months of the payment date, doesn’t the EOT end in 10 months? At which time, we could set it up to automatically demote them to a free “subscriber”.

Yes, that’s correct. s2Member will use your Automatic EOT settings to decide what to do with the user when the subscription would have renewed if they had not canceled.

See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Automatic EOT Behavior

Posted: Friday Jan 25th, 2013 at 3:34 pm #39546
Hamid

Thanks Bruce. I’m loving this s2member!

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.