latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Can we pass dynamic variables form?

Home Forums Community Forum Can we pass dynamic variables form?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday May 9th, 2013 at 6:38 pm #49623

Hi Guys,

I’m thinking of purchasing s2Member but I need to be able to do one thing.

I need to be able to pass a dynamic variable into the registration form. So far I’ve played around with it and can make a customer field that is invisible on the registration page and I see the option to put a default value.

I put this value in..

[affiliate item=”refid”/]

….which is a shortcode that our application uses in a regular post….but the value I got was the variable and not the actual value of the code.

What I’m trying to accomplish here is a mini affiliate link affect…..someone will refer someone to the registration form and I want that value stored so they can know who referred them. I want to display on the page in the blog… “You were referred by Kevin Jones” or whatever.

Any idea. Looks pretty sweet but I need to get this feature to work before I buy….

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday May 10th, 2013 at 7:12 pm #49714
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for your inquiry.

Yes, you can pass variables to a Shortcode. However you will not be able to do this with another shortcode. It will have to be done through PHP.

See: Knowledge Base » Using Variables In A Shortcode

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.