latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Cancel level #0 membership after two weeks

Home Forums Community Forum Cancel level #0 membership after two weeks

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bridie Schmidt 3 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Mar 1st, 2013 at 7:03 pm #43542

Hi, we want to put a time limit on our level #0 membership, so users can join for free for 2 weeks, but after that have to get a paid subscription. Is this possible? Can’t find reference to this being done anywhere in forums!

Thanks in advance

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Mar 1st, 2013 at 11:03 pm #43568
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Bridie,

This is not possible with level 0 I’m afraid. You can achieve this with paid levels and trial periods. But pretty sure this is not possible with level 0. Might be wrong though, if you use trial periods.

Again, don’t take my word. :)

– Eduan

Posted: Friday Mar 1st, 2013 at 11:26 pm #43570

Yes, think I have found the solution since then. With s2member Pro, a “free” Level #1 membership can be setup whereby the user registers using a Pro form and doesn’t have to submit credit card details. That Level #1 expires after a given time limit, and the user can only continue full access buy buying a higher level sunscription.

It *could* be done with the free version, but the user would still have to enter credit card details, event though a payment would not be taken.

Haven’t done it yet – so this is only in theory also.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.