latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Canceling Member with Paypal

Home Forums Community Forum Canceling Member with Paypal

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Jul 27th, 2012 at 5:48 pm #20448
derekfox
Username: derekfox

I’m running the latest version of S2member with my payment gateway being PayPal.

The issue that I’m running into is that when I cancel an account inside of it as to remember. I then log into PayPal and their account has been set on suspend. As you know that continues to keep them at their current membership level inside the best to remember.

My question is how do I get it to go from suspended to cancel inside of PayPal?

Basically I want that to be able to cancel the account inside of S to remember and then it be canceled inside of PayPal.

All of the accounts are well over the 30 day period which is the length of the membership.

Thank you again for this amazing product I look forward to hearing from you soon.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Jul 28th, 2012 at 6:11 am #20502

Hi Derek.

The subscription can’t be cancelled from s2Member, that has to be done over at PayPal. Even the s2Member shortcode for the cancellation button, just takes the user to PayPal to do it there. It’s a bit different if you’re using the pro-form with PayPal Pro, because then the pro-forms are the interface for those subscrictions, except for those done via Express Checkout.

So you’d have to go to PayPal to cancel a subscription. Does that answer the question or did I misunderstand it?

Posted: Saturday Jul 28th, 2012 at 11:14 am #20538
derekfox

Thank you for the reply in getting back to me.

I am running pro-forms on my system. I need members to be able to cancel their account on my website and it accurately show on PayPal as well as demote their membership to a subscription.

Right now when you cancel their account through their membership profile on my website when the con job runs it changes their status on PayPal to suspended and not canceled.

Is that because they still have time on their subscription?

Or is there another setting or something that I don’t have set up correctly?

Posted: Sunday Jul 29th, 2012 at 6:45 am #20587

Right now when you cancel their account through their membership profile on my website when the con job runs it changes their status on PayPal to suspended and not canceled.

What do you mean by cancelling their account through their profile? Deleting the user’s account or adding an EOT time to it?

If you’re using pro-forms with PayPal Pro, then there’s the cancellation pro-form. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Billing Cancellation Forms[/hilite]

But, if I’m not mistaken, you can manage your user subscriptions from your PayPal account. Is that right?

Posted: Sunday Jul 29th, 2012 at 12:06 pm #20615
derekfox

Basically when a member wants to cancel they go in and click on the cancel button that I created so yes I’m using the pro-forms with the cancel button.

Then I go log in to PayPal and noticed that their status has been changed from active to suspend. I’m assuming that it should be moved to cancel?

Then inside of S2 member they haven’t been demoted. they’re still at level one and haven’t been moved down to subscriber.

I have let the accounts sit for 30 days which is the length of my membership and they still haven’t been demoted or moved out of suspend.

Does that help?

Posted: Sunday Jul 29th, 2012 at 10:30 pm #20638

Basically when a member wants to cancel they go in and click on the cancel button that I created so yes I’m using the pro-forms with the cancel button.

Got it. You mention using the pro-forms to sell, but the button to cancel. Have you tried using the cancellation pro-form instead of the button? [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Billing Cancellation Forms[/hilite]

Then inside of S2 member they haven’t been demoted. they’re still at level one and haven’t been moved down to subscriber.

I have let the accounts sit for 30 days which is the length of my membership and they still haven’t been demoted or moved out of suspend.

Right, because at the time of cancellation the EOT time would be set, but it may still be in the future, so he’d still have access for the remaining time he already paid for. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Automatic EOT Behavior[/hilite]

Do you have log entries for these cancellations? I’d like to see if the EOT time was set. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Account Details -› Logging[/hilite]

And have you checked to see if their profiles have an EOT time set?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.