latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Cancelling During Free Trial (Urgent)

Home Forums Community Forum Cancelling During Free Trial (Urgent)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Ganaxi 3 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Feb 9th, 2013 at 4:32 pm #41269
Ganaxi
Username: ganaxi

Hi,

I have three payment gateways integrated into my site (PayPal Std, Authorize.Net, and Google Checkout). I offer a 7-day free trial, and I just received an e-mail from someone currently on the trial that they wish to cancel the trial. However, since no payment has been made for the trial, and I don’t know what gateway they used, I don’t know where to go to cancel it. And am I right in assuming that just deleting the user from the WP dashboard will not cancel future payments? Please help.

Thanks,

Ganaxi

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Feb 11th, 2013 at 6:17 pm #41436
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for your inquiry.

And am I right in assuming that just deleting the user from the WP dashboard will not cancel future payments?

That is correct. You need to give them a Cancellation Button to cancel.

See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Billing Cancellation Forms
For Authorize.Net: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Authorize.Net® Pro Forms -› Billing Cancellation Forms
For Google Checkout: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Google® Checkout Buttons -› Subscr. Modification/Cancellation Buttons

These buttons should be within the User’s Login Welcome Page, or another Page that you give users to cancel through.

Please let us know if problems persist. :-)

Posted: Monday Feb 11th, 2013 at 10:22 pm #41495
Ganaxi

Hi, Bruce,

Thanks for the response.

That is right. I did give them a cancel button, that they used to cancel. Its just that at my end, I don’t see any change – i.e., they still show up as being a ‘Basic Member’. I expected that they would be demoted to free subscriber, right away. Will that change be shown once their trial period expires, then?

Ganaxi

Posted: Monday Feb 11th, 2013 at 11:38 pm #41510
Staff Member

Yes, that is correct. The free trial needs to expire first.
There are some additional details about the way s2Member® handles this in your Dashboard.
Please see: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Automatic EOT Behavior

Posted: Tuesday Feb 12th, 2013 at 12:29 pm #41575
Ganaxi

Jason,

Thanks for the clarification.

Ganaxi

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.