latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Cancelling susbscirption using EOT

Home Forums Community Forum Cancelling susbscirption using EOT

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Jan 22nd, 2013 at 10:56 pm #39116

Hi,
My site now is configured for working with the sandbox. I’m testing a cancellation option for a recurring billing.
After the cancel button is clicked I got the message that says that the billing is cancelled but the user does not update his subscription level.
I configured the EOT as a: Convert to a free subscriber; but after cancellation the user continues with the level 2 subscription.

What else i have to check?

Thanks

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Jan 24th, 2013 at 5:07 pm #39449
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank-you for your inquiry.

This is the expected behavior. If a user has already paid for access for the first part of your subscription, then cancels (without getting a refund), then s2Member will still give access to your site for the time that they have already paid for.

The documention from Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Automatic EOT Behavior:

*Some Hairy Details* There might be times whenever you notice that a Member’s Subscription has been cancelled through PayPal®… but, s2Member continues allowing the User access to your site as a paid Member. Please don’t be confused by this… in 99.9% of these cases, the reason for this is legitimate. s2Member will only remove the User’s Membership privileges when an EOT ( End Of Term ) is processed, a refund occurs, a chargeback occurs, or when a cancellation occurs – which would later result in a delayed Auto-EOT by s2Member.

s2Member will not process an EOT until the User has completely used up the time they paid for. In other words, if a User signs up for a monthly Subscription on Jan 1st, and then cancels their Subscription on Jan 15th; technically, they should still be allowed to access the site for another 15 days, and then on Feb 1st, the time they paid for has completely elapsed. At that time, s2Member will remove their Membership privileges; by either demoting them to a Free Subscriber, or deleting their account from the system ( based on your configuration ). s2Member also calculates one extra day ( 24 hours ) into its equation, just to make sure access is not removed sooner than a Customer might expect.

So, if a user on your site cancels their subscription, they will lose access and be demoted at the end of their subscription time, when they reach their EOT date.

Please let us know if problems persist. :-)

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.