latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

cannot edit users in wordpress users table

Home Forums Community Forum cannot edit users in wordpress users table

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Feb 13th, 2013 at 2:29 pm #41617

i am loggedin as admin, and try to use wordpress dashboard to edit my user custom capabilities, i get redirected to buddypress’ profile edit page, which is not set-up with ccap field yet

why is this – what setting(s) do i have to change?

my goal is to give users ability to edit some profile fields, and not others and maybe not even see custom capabilities…i prefer to not give users backend access to wordpress dashboard, and would rather use buddypress or a specific profile edit page… please help

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Feb 13th, 2013 at 4:27 pm #41623

found it i think – have to manually update by not choosing edit under my profile icon – but by choosing the drop down to wordpress dashboard users – “Your Profile” to edit me as admin

unlike chossing the edit link under other users in the wp dashboard

Posted: Friday Feb 15th, 2013 at 3:30 am #41799
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for your inquiry.

found it i think – have to manually update by not choosing edit under my profile icon – but by choosing the drop down to wordpress dashboard users – “Your Profile” to edit me as admin

Yes, that’s correct. BuddyPress will redirect you when you attempt to edit your own Profile here. You will need to edit Users by finding them in the All Users List in your Dashboard.

Glad to hear the you resolved your issue. :-)

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.