latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Cannot generate Paypal buttons

Home Forums Community Forum Cannot generate Paypal buttons

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday May 16th, 2012 at 1:00 pm #13675

[This is a continuation of the topic: http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/cannot-generate-paypal-buttons/#post-13672 which I am now moving here after purchasing the support license and installing S2MEMBERS PRO]

Please see previous Community Form posting above for full details of the problem and attempted resolutions

I have deactivated/activated my theme and all my plugins but still can’t get it to work.

The JS error I get in Google Chrome is:

Resource interpreted as Script but transferred with MIME type text/html: "http://websharks-inc.us1.list-manage.com/subscriber-count?b=31&u=8c67d547-edf6-41c5-807d-2d2d0e6cffd1&id=19e9d213bc". admin.php:37
Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token < /ww/home/:1
Uncaught ReferenceError: ws_plugin__s2member_paypalButtonGenerate is not defined admin.php:398
onclick

Over to you guys.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday May 17th, 2012 at 3:08 am #13728

Thanks Chris for the extra info on the error. I’m emailing Jason about it to take a look. :)

Posted: Thursday May 17th, 2012 at 7:13 pm #13822
Staff Member

Thanks for the heads up on this request for support.

The first line in your error report, you can safely ignore. That’s a common warning that’s associated with Mailchimp chiclets (causes no problems, just a developer notice).

Resource interpreted as Script but transferred with MIME type text/html: "http://websharks-inc.us1.list-manage.com/subscriber-count?b=31&u=8c67d547-edf6-41c5-807d-2d2d0e6cffd1&id=19e9d213bc". admin.php:37

The others, indicate a parse error in PHP, but it’s difficult to tell from the short clip here, just what’s going on exactly. You might take a quick look at your PHP error log for further details. If problems persist, please post a Dashboard login for me, and I’ll run diagnositics on your installation. Please use this private contact form to submit those details. s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token < /ww/home/:1 Uncaught ReferenceError: ws_plugin__s2member_paypalButtonGenerate is not defined admin.php:398 onclick [/hilite]

Posted: Friday May 18th, 2012 at 7:19 am #13866

Jason,

PHP error log not available on our hosting platform so have sent you dashboard account details separately.

Cheers

Chris

Posted: Sunday May 20th, 2012 at 6:04 am #14011
Staff Member

Thank you. Details received.

I just took a quick look at your installation, and I find that your Dashboard is failing to load this JavaScript dependency file required by s2Member.

http://www.tuckerandpartners.com/?ws_plugin__s2member_menu_pages_js=353735218&ver=120514-120514-1270379238

I suspect this is related to an issue that’s been reported in the past. Some hosting companies use mod_security, which can cause this problem. Please see this detailed article for further information, and possible solutions.

Knowledge Base » Mod Security, Random 503/403 Errors
See also, the original article: http://www.primothemes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=14787

Posted: Thursday May 24th, 2012 at 4:04 am #14419

Jason,

I’m afraid the hosting company are not able to change their mod_security settings as it is a shared hosting platform. We are not able or willing to move out hosting to a Linux/Apache platform so unless you are able to provide a fix to change the JS URLs not to use encrypted parameters we will not be able to use s2member which is a shame.

We would therefore like a refund to the Paypal account used for the $69 we paid. I think you should also make it clear to potential purchasers that it is unlikely to work on IIS shared hosting platforms to save them a lot of wasted time and money.

Thnaks

RIchard

Posted: Thursday May 24th, 2012 at 4:22 am #14424

Chris, this part of that article should help you:

Or, if you’re on shared/managed hosting, ask your hosting company to disable mod_security for you. Or, ask them to whitelist the s2Member application, by disabling mod_security for URLs that contain ?s2member_ in their query string, or are otherwise associated with your WordPress® installation. As yet another alternative, ask them to whitelist specific URLs that are causing problems for you. Hosts that run mod_security are familiar with these requests, because mod_security is so very picky.

All you need to do is provide your host with the full URL that is failing (including any query string variables that appear after the ? mark in the URL), and point them to this thread.

Particularly the part about whitelisting some of your URLs.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.