latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Cannot Generate paypal buttons

Home Forums Community Forum Cannot Generate paypal buttons

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday May 14th, 2012 at 1:37 pm #13413

When I try to generate a Paypal button using the “Generate Button Code” nothing happens.

I’ve also noticed that on the Login/Registration Page Customization page the “open Media Library” and the “Custom Registration/Profile Fields ” fields don’t work.

I am using WP 3.3.2 and a theme based on Twenty11 so everything is pretty standard. I have noticied other similar topics where it appears to be Javscript problems caused by plugin or theme conflicts.

WHat’s the best way to resolve this?

Thanks

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday May 15th, 2012 at 6:45 am #13500

Hi Richard.

Correct, that is a JavaScript problem caused by a theme or plugin. When it’s in the admin area, it was the theme almost every time.

Could you try switching to the default theme (TwentyEleven) and trying those admin pages again?

Thanks!

Posted: Tuesday May 15th, 2012 at 7:31 am #13509

It’s kind of difficult to change themes as it is a live site. Not sure how much the theme affects the admin pages though as it uses admin themes.

Using script debuggeers I got the following JS error on Google chrome:

Uncaught ReferenceError: ws_plugin__s2member_paypalButtonGenerate is not defined

which look like the LoadEvents script is not working
and on IE8:

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)
Timestamp: Tue, 15 May 2012 11:04:08 UTC

Line: 1
Char: 1
Code: 0
URI: http://www.tuckerandpartners.com/?ws_plugin__s2member_menu_pages_js=1336645223&ver=120309-621164597

Line: 400
Char: 1
Code: 0
URI: http://www.tuckerandpartners.com/wp-admin/admin.php?page=ws-plugin--s2member-paypal-buttons

ALso here is a ist of my active plugins:

Configure SMTP
Contact Form 7	
Page Meta
s2Member® Framework
TinyMCE Advanced
uBillboard 3
WordPress Importer

Are the any usual suspects there?

Thanks for your help.

Richard

Posted: Tuesday May 15th, 2012 at 6:27 pm #13560

I know what you mean with the theme, it being a live site. What I meant with changing to the default was to test it, not to stop using that theme altogether.

Yeah, I used to think themes didn’t touch the admin side at all, but after having to solve a few of these admin side problems with JavaScript, I changed my mind. I don’t think it themes the admin side, but it’s possible that some code in the head is still included and the JavaScript in it affects it. Not sure what exactly, but I know that changing to the default theme, or another theme without that conflict, solves it.

About the errors, I’m not sure if that’s part of the conflict or if there’s something wrong with your copy of the s2Member file. Yesterday we had a new release of s2Member, so why don’t you update the framework and pro add-on and see if that helps?

s2Member® » Framework » Install/Upgrade Instructions
s2Member® » Pro » Install/Upgrade Instructions

Regarding the other plugins, I remember that those that change the editor sometimes give trouble, so TinyMCE Advanced may be work keeping an eye on. If you want to test if a plugin is causing trouble, then deactivating them one by one and checking the problem after each, is a good way to find it.

I hope that helps! :)

Posted: Wednesday May 16th, 2012 at 12:50 pm #13672

I have reinstalled the latest S2M Framework, paid the $69 support license and installed S2M-PRO and it still don’t work.

I deactivated my custom theme and wnet back to Twenty-11 them and it didn’t help.

I deactivated TinyMCE plugin and that didn’t work either. I have also gone through all my plugins and deactivated them one-by-on with no luck.

I am now moving this conversation over to the Customer Support Forum where I intend to get my money’s worth :-)

Posted: Wednesday May 16th, 2012 at 5:20 pm #13692

Cool. I’ll assist you as best I can. Could you link to the conversation you started there, please? Or we can continue here if you prefer it.

By the way, I noticed that you still have the “Free User” icon, were you logged in to this account when you paid for the license or did you create a new account?

Posted: Thursday May 17th, 2012 at 3:17 am #13731

Chris,

The new topic is:

http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/cannot-generate-paypal-buttons-2/

I created the account under the name of the site owner (Chris Tucker) who is paying for the license.

Thanks again for your help

Posted: Thursday May 17th, 2012 at 3:18 am #13732

Got ya. Yeah, I just saw it a moment ago. I emailed Jason. :)

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.