latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Cannot import users from old site to new one.

Home Forums Community Forum Cannot import users from old site to new one.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Feb 4th, 2013 at 12:14 am #40577
meets2
Username: meets2

I’m using Version 120309 + s2Member Pro v120309 on the old site
and Version 130123 + s2Member Pro v130123 on the new one.

I’ve exported users using the s2member export function.
I’ve opened the csv file in excel and cleared the content of the ID column as the I want to import them as new users.

The result I get is
Operation complete. Users/Members imported: 0.

Thank you

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Feb 4th, 2013 at 1:13 am #40583
meets2

On a side note, Exporting and Importing s2member settings works perfectly.
Great job on that!

Posted: Monday Feb 4th, 2013 at 2:46 pm #40770
Staff Member

Thanks for reporting this important issue.

Please send us a copy of the CSV export file that you’re dealing with and we’ll review it for you. I’m not aware of any problems with this; so I’d like to see the export file so we can help diagnose the issue. Or even just a few lines would be fine. Please send that privately for me. Thanks!

See: s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Posted: Tuesday Feb 5th, 2013 at 4:15 am #40826
Staff Member

Details received. Thank you!

I successfully imported your CSV export into an installation of WordPress® v3.5.1 running s2Member® Pro v130203. I don’t see anything wrong with your CSV file, so I’m really confused about why you’re having trouble.

You said…

The result I get is
Operation complete. Users/Members imported: 0.

Are there any errors to go with that message? Or was that it?
It sounds like your upload to s2Member® is failing in some way. If problems persist, please try this in the latest release of s2Member® Pro. Can you reproduce it there?

Posted: Tuesday Feb 5th, 2013 at 8:01 am #40854
meets2

I’ve been able to upload the .csv file and import all users as new users by doing these steps:
1. open .csv in textmate
2. manually deleted each “ID” preserving the “”

I was previously deleting or clearing the IDs using Microsoft Excel 2011 for mac and I believe it was changing the file in some way.

What program do you recommend to edit the ID fields all in one go?

Posted: Thursday Feb 7th, 2013 at 4:00 pm #41048
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

I’ve been able to upload the .csv file and import all users as new users by doing these steps:
1. open .csv in textmate
2. manually deleted each “ID” preserving the “”

I was previously deleting or clearing the IDs using Microsoft Excel 2011 for mac and I believe it was changing the file in some way.

Glad to hear that you found the issue.

What program do you recommend to edit the ID fields all in one go?

We currently do not have a recommended .csv file editor. s2Member’s .csv files are editable by most CSV file editors however, so any you find with this functionality should work just fine.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.