latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Cannot renew: Email Address is already in use

Home Forums Community Forum Cannot renew: Email Address is already in use

Tagged: 

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Ray Gulick 3 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Jan 24th, 2013 at 4:17 pm #39441
Ray Gulick
Username: raygulick

How do members get to renew? I have members attempting to do so, but the form rejects them with “email already in use” message.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Jan 25th, 2013 at 4:11 pm #39550
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank-you for reporting this important issue.

Could you please post the Shortcode that your members are using to renew?

Posted: Friday Jan 25th, 2013 at 4:58 pm #39552
Ray Gulick
[s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form level="1" ccaps="" desc="Individual Membership: $60/yr" ps="paypal" lc="" cc="USD" dg="0" ns="1" custom="nmtechcouncil.org" ta="0" tp="0" tt="D" ra="60" rp="1" rt="Y" rr="1" rrt="" rra="2" accept="visa,mastercard,amex,discover" accept_via_paypal="paypal" coupon="" accept_coupons="0" default_country_code="" captcha="0" /]

Thanks, Bruce.

Posted: Saturday Jan 26th, 2013 at 5:03 am #39641
Staff Member

Thanks for the follow-up :-)

Please set the following Shortcode Attribute: modify="1"
Or generate a Pro Form for Billing Modifications (does the same thing).

Billing Modification Forms are what should be introduced to existing Users (i.e. they already have an account), so s2Member® needs them to be logged into their account before upgrading (or renewing in this case). If a User is NOT currently logged-in, we have to assume they are new; and thus, the email address they are attempting to use is already taken, because they already have an account at your site.

Setting modify="1", will force the customer to log in before completing checkout.

See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Billing Modification Forms

Please let us know if problems persist :-)

Posted: Saturday Jan 26th, 2013 at 11:15 am #39695
Ray Gulick

That seems to have solved that problem: Thank you! But now there is a new problem (actually 2):

1. form page does not recognize if you are already logged in; makes you log in again

2. bigger problem: once logged in and clicking to submit form, get this message:

Error #1. User authentication failed.

Where do I start to track down these problems?

• This reply was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by  Ray Gulick.
Posted: Saturday Jan 26th, 2013 at 12:01 pm #39698
Ray Gulick

Jason –

I think I fixed the user authentication problem. Had both Paypal and Payflow credentials filled out and that apparently created a conflict? I’m sure that confusion came from Paypal’s confusing names and services (what a mess!).

However, the re-login issue continues. In fact, if I login and go to renew at one level, then navigate back to the memberships page and click on another level, it requires yet another login. So it appears that you must arrive at a membership form directly from the login page.

That can’t be right? I’ll see what I can find on the forum.

Posted: Saturday Jan 26th, 2013 at 12:07 pm #39699
Ray Gulick

The re-login issue is worse than I thought. Essentially, it dis-allows new signups, only allows submission for logged-in users.

Here is my shortcode:

[s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form level="1" ccaps="" desc="Individual Membership: $60/yr" ps="paypal" lc="" cc="USD" dg="0" ns="1" custom="www.nmtechcouncil.org" ta="0" tp="0" tt="D" ra="60" rp="1" rt="Y" rr="1" rrt="" rra="2" accept="visa,mastercard,amex,discover" accept_via_paypal="paypal" coupon="" accept_coupons="0" default_country_code="" captcha="0" modify="1" /]
Posted: Saturday Jan 26th, 2013 at 12:53 pm #39701
Ray Gulick

So, it appears I cannot have original signups and renewals on the same form? Is that correct?

Renewals: modify=”1″

Signups: modify=””

I’ve created separate signup forms with the above difference in shortcode attributes, and I think (still testing), members can now sign up and renew, albeit on separate forms.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by  Ray Gulick.
Posted: Saturday Jan 26th, 2013 at 3:38 pm #39706
Ray Gulick

What remains is the odd behavior of the renewal form not recognizing that users are logged in, and requiring them to log in again before returning to the page to renew.

Is there a fix for this?

Posted: Wednesday Jan 30th, 2013 at 3:10 am #39984
Staff Member

Thanks for the follow-up :-)

So, it appears I cannot have original signups and renewals on the same form? Is that correct?

Renewals: modify=”1″

Signups: modify=””

I’ve created separate signup forms with the above difference in shortcode attributes, and I think (still testing), members can now sign up and renew, albeit on separate forms.

If you have modify="" (or modify="0"), and an existing User/Member is logged in when they reach the Pro Form, it will automatically become a modify="1" Pro Form (i.e. a Billing Modification Form).

s2Member will auto-detect this.

If you have modify="1" explicitly, s2Member will force an existing User to be logged in before they can complete checkout. So that’s the difference. modify="1" is telling s2Member that you REQUIRE a logged in User/Member before checkout can be completed from that Pro Form.

Posted: Wednesday Jan 30th, 2013 at 12:45 pm #40015
Ray Gulick

OK, didn’t realize there was an auto-detect thing happening.

Thanks, Jason. Appreciate your attentive support.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.