latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Can't edit my profile!

Home Forums Community Forum Can't edit my profile!

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Jason (Lead Developer) 3 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Jan 22nd, 2013 at 8:26 am #38944

I just upgraded to s2member pro and I cannot update my profile. I get the following error:

http://iknowsomebodyhouston.com/membership/members/houstonw/profile/edit/group/1/

houstonw is my user id.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Jan 22nd, 2013 at 11:10 am #38961

I need to allow a profile to be edited in the Admin panel by the Administrator because we are implementing a verification process for members. Only once an administrator has verified the identity of the user will they be placed in the next level of membership.

Posted: Wednesday Jan 23rd, 2013 at 7:16 pm #39253
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank-you for your inquiry.

I just upgraded to s2member pro and I cannot update my profile. I get the following error:

http://iknowsomebodyhouston.com/membership/members/houstonw/profile/edit/group/1/

I’m unable to see where this link is supposed to go, as this link is only available when you are logged in. It gives a not-logged-in user a 404 Not Found status here.

I need to allow a profile to be edited in the Admin panel by the Administrator because we are implementing a verification process for members. Only once an administrator has verified the identity of the user will they be placed in the next level of membership.

You should be able to do this through your Users List. All of the user’s Custom Registration/Profile Fields are available here, and you can narrow down users by level to help you narrow down which users still need to be upgraded.

See Dashboard -› Users

Please let us know if problems persist . :-)

Posted: Thursday Jan 24th, 2013 at 6:33 am #39374

I am the Admin and can edit everyone else’s profile, but my own. I even tried setting up a new Admin profile and going in under that identity and the same thing happened.

It will not allow me to edit the profile of the identity I am logged in under. I haven’t tried logging in as anything other than an Admin though so I’m not sure if the problem exists for other roles.

Posted: Thursday Jan 24th, 2013 at 7:01 am #39382
Staff Member

Thanks for reporting this important issue.

What other plugins are you running please? Or what other plugins have you installed and then deactivated (i.e. are no longer using). It sounds like you may have some mild database corruption, or a plugin conflict. If it’s a plugin conflict, listing the plugins that you’re running might set off a red flag, and we can point you in the right direction. Also, what is the specific error that you’re getting when attempting to edit your own profile?

NOTE: I was unable to reproduce this on a clean
installation of WordPress running only s2Member with a default theme.
FYI: This link is powered by BuddyPress and not by s2Member.
Posted: Thursday Jan 24th, 2013 at 7:18 am #39392

You are correct. When I deactivate BuddyPress I don’t have this problem. Is there a way to resolve the BuddyPress conflict?

Posted: Thursday Jan 24th, 2013 at 7:21 am #39394
Staff Member

Thanks for the follow-up :-)

Gotchya. I’m not sure I understand yet what the conflict is exactly. Can you please detail a way for us to reproduce this issue. Please write a step-by-step method of reproducing the issue. Thanks!

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.