latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Can't search for users?

Home Forums Community Forum Can't search for users?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Apr 7th, 2012 at 9:33 am #10273

Hi, This seems like it should be simple but I have a standard wordpress installation with S2 Member pro and 3,400 members in the unpaid level. Everything seems to be absolutely fine except that I can’t search for a specific user whilst the S2 Member framework is enabled. If someone needs me to change their password I can search http://www.puzzlecomp.com/wp-admin/users.php to find it the page times out! – If I turn the S2 plugin off I can find the individual user. Is this a problem others have had? My server seems ok and this feature works fine on other installations. I have removed all plugins except Akismet, Headspace2, the problem is only with S2 Member?

Help!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Apr 8th, 2012 at 2:21 am #10308

Hi Dominic.

Hmm… Could you try hiding the s2Member columns from the users list and see if that helps speed it up? Go to the Screen Options tab at the top-right of that page and you should be able to uncheck those fields.

Let me know if that helps.

Posted: Sunday Apr 8th, 2012 at 4:58 am #10314

Thanks Cristián, No luck I’m afraid. I have taken it down to username and no difference. The page just doesn’t load. I can do a video for you but is there anything else to check?

Posted: Sunday Apr 8th, 2012 at 3:36 pm #10325

I don’t know. You say you tried the default theme and no other plugins, and you still have that problem, and only when you deactivate s2Member it goes away, is that right?

You do have a few members, but I know others that have more and never reported this problem. Maybe you have a very low time limit for script execution in your PHP and need to raise it a bit?

Posted: Sunday Apr 8th, 2012 at 4:12 pm #10327

These are the last 5 lines on the server error does this help? I am trying to get more?

[Sun Apr 08 15:45:51 2012] [warn] [client 82.32.159.79] Timeout waiting for output from CGI script /home/sites/puzzlecomp.com/public_html/wp-admin/users.php, referer: http://www.puzzlecomp.com/wp-admin/users.php
[Sun Apr 08 15:45:51 2012] [error] [client 82.32.159.79] Script timed out before returning headers: users.php, referer: http://www.puzzlecomp.com/wp-admin/users.php

Posted: Sunday Apr 8th, 2012 at 4:34 pm #10330

This from my server company – ‘If it is a php script, you can add a php5.ini file into your webspace and that will allow you to override the default execution time and memory allowance for the scripts. Can you check with the script authors and see what values they recommend and I can then advise what you would need to put in the php5.ini file’.

Do you have any ideas for this? Thanks..

Posted: Monday Apr 9th, 2012 at 2:49 am #10349

I’m not sure how many seconds would be good in your case. I guess you can try different values until you don’t get a timeout.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.