latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Card Start Date Field on Authorize.Net

Home Forums Community Forum Card Start Date Field on Authorize.Net

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Dec 8th, 2012 at 9:52 am #33991
Ganaxi
Username: ganaxi

Hi,

I am having the above “Card Start Date” Field appear on my Authorize.Net Forms.

I have gone through the support forums, where this was ID’d, and have accordingly deactivated my theme and each of my plugins, one by one, and the problem is still there.

I also had my host look into it to see if the javascript/CSS for s2 is not loading, or being blocked. Their response is as under:
“”” Using a page inspector built into Google Chrome, it does not appear that the page has any files that it cannot access. If it is the CSS that’s missing, then that would be an issue for the developer of the plugin since it’s not being requested. It appears that configuration of the fields is controlled through the plugin’s files, under s2member/includes/s2member.css.”””

Please help. I need this field to go away before I can go live. FYI, I am in the US, where-from most of my customers would be, so the field does not need to appear here.

FYI, I am not a techie, and don’t have one working for me, so if possible, please dumb-down the responses a bit.

Thanks,

Ganaxi

• This topic was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by  Ganaxi.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Dec 9th, 2012 at 2:12 pm #34056
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Hi Ganaxi,

Could you send us a link to the page that you’re talking about? We may be able to give you a quick fix for this.

Posted: Sunday Dec 9th, 2012 at 4:24 pm #34075
Ganaxi

Hi Bruce,

here are two example pages (it does it for all of my transaction pages).
https://www.gurufundpicks.com/memberpurchase-basicmember
https://www.gurufundpicks.com/memberpurchase-basicmember

Thanks,

Ganaxi

Posted: Monday Dec 10th, 2012 at 11:18 am #34144
Ganaxi

Hi Bruce & Cristian:

The error above does not appear on the Specific Page/Post pages, as in the example below,
https://www.gurufundpicks.com/indrptpurchase-3q2-guru-precmet?s2-ssl=yes

But it does appear on membership purchase pages, as in the example below,
http://www.gurufundpicks.com/memberpurchase-premiummember

Please help.

Thanks,

Ganaxi

Posted: Tuesday Dec 11th, 2012 at 6:59 am #34220

After a few attempts I was able to load memberpurchase-basicmember, but not the other two. In that one I saw the field you mention, and you do seem to have a JS problem there, since the password strength indicator is not working.

You mention having deactivated the theme and other plugins, but did you activate them again before deactivating the next thing? If you had more than one causing the problem, then the problem would not go away.

Could you test changing the theme to TwentyEleven and deactivating all other themes? If the problem goes away, then bring them back one by one, checking after each if the issue returns.

Posted: Tuesday Dec 11th, 2012 at 9:40 pm #34320
Ganaxi

Hi, Cristian:

The site was down briefly, coinciding with when you may have checked. I would appreciate if you could check the two pages again, as the error (Card Start Date needed) appears for only the membership purchase pages, and not for specific page/post purchase.

Reg. your question, I deactivated the theme first (reverting to 2010 and then 2011 wp theme), then one by one I deactivated all plugins, except s2, and the issue was still there with the membership purchase pages (I had not still discovered then that it worked fine for specific page/post purchase). That would seem to rule out, it seems, plugin conflicts. Also, the fact that the error (Card Start Date needed) does not appear on specific page/post purchase is very interesting.

FYI, the shortcode for specific page/post that works is
[s2Member-Pro-AuthNet-Form sp=”1″ ids=”x,y,z” exp=”2190″ desc=”Q3/2012 Guru….” cc=”USD” custom=”www.gurufundpicks.com” ra=”4″ accept=”visa,mastercard,amex,discover” coupon=”” accept_coupons=”0″ default_country_code=”US” captcha=”0″ /]

And the shortcode for Membership purchase pages that shows the error is
[s2Member-Pro-AuthNet-Form level=”2″ ccaps=”” desc=”$50 USD / Quarterly ( recurring charge, for ongoing access )” cc=”USD” custom=”www.gurufundpicks.com” ta=”0″ tp=”0″ tt=”D” ra=”50″ rp=”3″ rt=”M” rr=”1″ rrt=”” accept=”visa,mastercard,amex,discover” coupon=”” accept_coupons=”0″ default_country_code=”US” captcha=”0″ /]

One interesting thing, I just found, if it means anything to you, for the code that works (i.e., Card Start Date reqd. does not appear), the Authorize.Net form loads by default only upto the Billing Method selection line (where the V, MC, etc. images are), and only when you click one of the cards, does the rest of the form (with the Card Start Date) load up. With the other one, where the error appears (i.e., Card Start Date field), the entire form loads up by default.

Thanks,

Ganaxi

Posted: Wednesday Dec 12th, 2012 at 10:42 am #34375

Reg. your question, I deactivated the theme first (reverting to 2010 and then 2011 wp theme), then one by one I deactivated all plugins, except s2, and the issue was still there with the membership purchase pages (I had not still discovered then that it worked fine for specific page/post purchase). That would seem to rule out, it seems, plugin conflicts. Also, the fact that the error (Card Start Date needed) does not appear on specific page/post purchase is very interesting.

Thank you for explaining how you tested, it was correct.

Yes, it’s very interesting. The symptoms are those of a JS conflict, but seems to be specific to that page. Do you have anything that could be affecting the JS in that page specifically instead of site-wide?

Posted: Wednesday Dec 12th, 2012 at 4:32 pm #34422
Ganaxi

Hi Cristian:

I did figure out the problem. It is the SSL-enablement of the pages by my host that is causing the problem. Basically, I added the html to the page piece-meal, and the problem never occurred even with all the html being identical as the other page that had the problem. So, then I changed the permalink, and that brought the error back.

My host SSL-enables pages by rules on paths, and when I deviate from that path, the Card Start Date disappears, meaning that it is the SSL-enablement that is causing the conflict. I have a request into my host to determine what I can do here, but if you have any suggestions, please let me know.

By the way, will removing all rules by my host, and SSL-enabling the page with the s2member_force_ssl=yes custom field solve the problem?

Thanks,

Ganaxi

Posted: Thursday Dec 13th, 2012 at 6:32 pm #34493

Ah, glad you found the cause. Thanks for the update.

By the way, will removing all rules by my host, and SSL-enabling the page with the s2member_force_ssl=yes custom field solve the problem?

I’d guess so, since other site owners using s2member_force_ssl don’t have this problem. :)

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.