latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Ccaps checkbox in registration form

Home Forums Community Forum Ccaps checkbox in registration form

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Jul 18th, 2013 at 5:51 am #53600
Max
Username: max_s

Hi there,

Would it be possible to incorporate the following options in the registration form?

a) A checkbox which sets corresponding custom capabilities, i.e., ccap_one, ccap_two, ccap_three, etc.
b) A selector which sets the EOT time, i.e., 3 months, 6 months, 1 year

With the selectors above I want my users to be able to register for specific regions they’re interested in (the ccaps) and with different durations of their subscriptions. Based on this the total costs of their subscription should be calculated and displayed, after which they are redirected to the payment service provider.

Currently, I’m forced to use a clunky solution which lacks user friendliness. The process is as follows:

1) The user selects his/her preferred subscription (currently only 3 options: 3 months, 6 months, 1 year)
2a) Registration page where the iDeal payment has to be made, selection of bank
2b) Redirect to online banking payment page (iDeal)
3) Redirect back to registration page where now a registration form appears using paypal pro shortcode., i.e., [s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form register="1" level="2" ccaps="3mnd" desc="3mnd" custom="domain.com|" tp="3" tt="M" captcha="0" /]
4) Registration is complete

As you can see this process is far from perfect and would preferably look like this:

1) The user chooses to register
2) Registration form with region and duration options (ccaps & EOT), total price automatically updated
3) Redirect to iDeal online banking
4) Registration done

I understand you probably won’t be able to help me out with the full process but hopefully you can give me some pointers on how to go about incorporating the checkboxes in the registration form, that would be gold!

Thanks a lot!

Cheers,
Max

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Jul 24th, 2013 at 1:58 am #53944
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for your inquiry.

I’m very sorry for the delay in response. We missed this thread over the weekend.

Would it be possible to incorporate the following options in the registration form?

a) A checkbox which sets corresponding custom capabilities, i.e., ccap_one, ccap_two, ccap_three, etc.
b) A selector which sets the EOT time, i.e., 3 months, 6 months, 1 year

The short answer is no. s2Member can’t do this without custom code. That being said if you absolutely need this included, you could accomplish this by first editing the Pro Form template to add these checkboxes, and changing the pricing and term based on the values that the User selects.

See: Pre Sale FAQs » Is it possible to modify s2Member® Pro Form templates?

For changing the values, you’d use the second example here:

See Also: Knowledge Base » Using Variables In A Shortcode

Note that this would only work with Pro Forms, as Buttons pass information directly to your payment gateway, and won’t let you filter the values before they are sent.

Will that work for you?

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.