latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

CCAPS Deleted on Subscription Modification

Home Forums Community Forum CCAPS Deleted on Subscription Modification

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Jason (Lead Developer) 3 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Feb 14th, 2013 at 10:07 pm #41750
Richard Young
Username: btuk

I thought the removal of custom capabilities on EOT was a bug but now I read it’s intended that way. This is crazy IMHO considering that there a lots of posts promoting the use of ccaps to sell multiple products instead of having a lot of levels. I hope that the planned changes to this happen sooner rather than later!

Regarding the suggestion to “Hack the Code” http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/question-about-ccaps-recurring-payment-and/#post-30257 will this not mean I have to do it every time you release an update?

I am certain that a simple admin check-box whether to allow this or not would be exceedingly easy and almost instant to implement without having to wait for a far more complicated Major Update! – Please consider this. I am almost certain nearly all users would want this.

Lastly…Can you confirm that a membership upgrade keeps all the existing ccaps. I think it does from my test but as most users, I can’t keep buying my own products and switching a live site to PayPal sandbox is not a realistic solution.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Feb 15th, 2013 at 7:32 am #41857
Staff Member

Thanks for your inquiry. ~ We appreciate the feedback :-)

Lastly…Can you confirm that a membership upgrade keeps all the existing ccaps. I think it does from my test but as most users, I can’t keep buying my own products and switching a live site to PayPal sandbox is not a realistic solution.

That is correct. Please see the attached screenshot for further details (click image to open full view).

Posted: Saturday Feb 16th, 2013 at 3:21 am #41933
Richard Young

Thanks Jason, can you also answer…

Regarding the suggestion to “Hack the Code” http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/question-about-ccaps-recurring-payment-and/#post-30257 will this not mean I have to do it every time you release an update?

I am also one that sells lots of products using ccaps but allow my users an “Access Them All” membership by upgrading to a Membership subscription. (Hence why when they cancel the membership I don’t want them to lose the ccaps they had before upgrading)

Posted: Monday Feb 18th, 2013 at 4:59 pm #42343
Staff Member

Thanks for the follow-up :-)

Raam (an s2Member® Support Rep) made that comment because there is currently to Hook/Filter or UI option to disable this. If you hack this in, that hack will need to be implemented again and again, each time you update the s2Member® plugin and your source code modifications are overwritten.

We have created an internal Issue tracker for this, and we’ll at least try to add a Filter for this in the next maintenance release. Please keep an eye on our Changelog, because we will mention it there for sure.

See: s2Member® » Unified Changelog

Posted: Tuesday Feb 19th, 2013 at 6:02 am #42471
Richard Young

Thanks Jason – That sounds awesome :-D

Posted: Friday Feb 22nd, 2013 at 11:15 am #42838
Richard Young

[RESOLVED]

Thanks to the S2M team for quickly implementing this permanent fix in update v130220

See: Dashboard -› PayPal Options -› Automatic EOT Behavior (Membership EOTs also Remove all Custom Capabilities?)

Posted: Friday Feb 22nd, 2013 at 9:46 pm #42884
Staff Member

Very welcome :-) Thanks for your patience.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.