latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

CCBill strategy

Home Forums Community Forum CCBill strategy

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  George Fischer 4 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Apr 5th, 2012 at 2:12 am #10119

Hi S2 community and support
I am considering to get a s2pro license. I need some tips how to start and have a smooth switch for me and my current customers.

I will describe the status quo.
I am running 3 adult entertainment sites with three different CCBill client sub-accounts.
Members sign-up for either one or the sites and get different random passwords. They cannot access the other sites with their password right now.

I want to change that. In the future members should be able to access all three sites with one password.
Something like: “Join this and get access to those two sites and an adult social network too.”

The front-end should be
Three different WordPress installations as front-end for site A,B and C (which attract different niches). Inside, there will be a new php based content management system to keep the content fresh and easier to manage. Basically WP serves as the shell for the CMS and as the blog platform to promote.

There should be also a new BuddyPress (non MU) installation which sells
a) premium access to the adult social network itself for special features
b) upsells to paysites A,B and C for a reduced bonus rate for BuddyPress members

Could this be done with S2? Does the strategy make sense?
What would be the best migration strategy for current members?

A) Keep the pw files separate as it is right now?
B) Merge the pw files and give current members the bonus to have access to all three sites AND the premium version of the BuddyPress social network?

B) would be more complicated but my preferred option

What I need are some tips. I also want to make contact with somebody who could help me coding. My scripting knowledge is quite ok but I am lacking some deeper PHP and CSS knowledge. Maybe you have a list of recommended programmers.

Thanks for reading and your response
George

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Apr 5th, 2012 at 1:31 pm #10176
CN
Username: mcmoney

Just a heads up – S2member uses dynamic pricing. You will not be able to use cancel/loyalty discounts with s2member. You also will not be able to use geo-currency. Meaning, if someone from the UK hits your join page, they will be forced to pay in whatever currency you select. I’ve found that this created a “Denial” for people residing in other countries trying to pay in a different currency.

You also will not be able to accept checks, only credit cards.

Lastly, members have to create their own passwords via a link they receive in their email. Hotmail users almost always never get the email in their regular folder and I have to send them all emails from another account telling them to check.

For what you want to do above it sounds like you’ll need to pay someone to do a handful of mods.

Posted: Thursday Apr 5th, 2012 at 2:59 pm #10183

Thanks CN. That is good info. I am using cancel/loyalty discounts but I have to look in my stats if many are really using this feature. So this might not be a deal breaker. Geo-currency, well, this sounds not so good. I agree. This might turn off non-american clients, if they would be forced to pay in Dollars. But even this might be no deal breaker for me because most users do come from the US. No checks. Well, not to many use them in my case either.

When I think about what you write, CN, it makes me think about my strategy again.

Maybe I should separate things. Old and New. Instead of migrating current customers I could
a) Keep them where they are and not giving them more access to the other sites. Nothing would have to be changed. The old sites stay as they are and just enjoy the new content via the CMS
b) All NEW customers that would come through the WP/BP front-end would enjoy the All-you-can-eat option, that would practically be a premium part of the social network. The CMS feeds the content accordingly, coming from the three niche sites, that would be still there.

My new idea. Keep the three sites and ad a premium part in the social network.
Feed the all-you-can eat content to all three sites and the premium part via the CMS.

The only less transparent thing would be for old customers who would join the new social network. They could NOT just get access to the premium part although they are paying still for the access to the previous sites.

In case a already paying member would “accidentally” sign-up for the new premium part they could get a refund, if they complain. That could be handled individually.

This might be an easier set-up and would not change too much for current members. And I would maybe need less external resources for mods.

Thanks

G

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.