latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Change User Level Depending on Sales Funnel

Home Forums Community Forum Change User Level Depending on Sales Funnel

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Mar 14th, 2013 at 12:21 pm #44627
ben h
Username: wordsmith

I have a membership website that allows for free signup. After the user signs up, they have access to resources and our Application Form (powered by GravityForms).

EDIT: Although custom user levels might not be my solution, below I used levels 0,1,2 to describe what I need. Maybe you suggest alternative solution, like roles/capabilities?

I want to be able to allow for the following:
0 – free user who has not started the form
1 – free user who has started, but not finished, the form
2 – paid user who has completed the form (they see a ‘thank you’ page)

Once the user is placed into the appropriate level/role, I need that to be triggered in Mailchimp. This will allow me to send tailored emails like:

0 – “Start Your Application Today!”
1 – “Did You Forget To Complete Your Application?”
2 – “Application Received… Thanks!”

I already have the emails written and the appropriate lists & segments in my Mailchimp account.

Is the above possible with s2m? In other words, is there a way to change the user level depending on where they are in my sales funnel?

EDIT: Does s2m even allow for 2 free membership levels? Or am I only allowed one free level and the rest must be paid?

I am hoping someone can provide a solution to the above problems. In a nutshell: How do I achieve my goal of grouping my members into different groups so that I can place them correctly in my Mailchimp lists/segments? Does s2m allow for multiple free levels?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Mar 15th, 2013 at 11:21 am #44712
ben h
Username: wordsmith

bump…. can anyone provide some guidance on this topic? i’d like to install this today.

ben

Posted: Sunday Mar 17th, 2013 at 8:13 pm #45011
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for your inquiry.

We are very sorry for the delay.

I am hoping someone can provide a solution to the above problems. In a nutshell: How do I achieve my goal of grouping my members into different groups so that I can place them correctly in my Mailchimp lists/segments? Does s2m allow for multiple free levels?

This would not be possible directly through s2Member. You can assign Users groups by signing them up (through Pro Forms or Buttons), but not directly through code, or manually through the WordPress Dashboard.

This would need to either be done manually, or with custom code to work correctly, sorry. :-(

If you do decide to go with the path of custom code, I’d recommend first working with the MailChimp API here.

See: http://apidocs.mailchimp.com/
See Also: Knowledge Base » Changing Roles/Capabilities via PHP

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.