latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Change value of "business" hidden field

Home Forums Community Forum Change value of "business" hidden field

This topic contains 15 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Mar 27th, 2012 at 1:10 am #9165

Hi guys,

With the PayPal form / url that is generated from the shortcodes, could you please point me in the right direction to overwrite the “business” value (defaults to payment email address) with a custom value?

After payment via CC through PayPal the customer is shown a link that says: “Return to ____@_____.com”

I would like to alter this so the link will read “Return to Business Name”. If you could let me know how that would be great.

And just a quick follow up to a question you answered for me a short time ago re. sending emails when a customer purchases a ccap:

http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/email-on-ccap-purchase-by-existing-member/#post-8573

Your helpful response covered what to do if the person’s level remains unchanged during purchase of a new ccap.

With some purchases the user is receiving new ccaps and also having their level changed. Would you be able to let me know how to process an email in this circumstance?

Thanks very much!

– Kezz

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Mar 27th, 2012 at 7:34 am #9204
Staff Member

With some purchases the user is receiving new ccaps and also having their level changed. Would you be able to let me know how to process an email in this circumstance?

Sure. Please use the instructions I posted here for the Modification Email Subject/Message.
http://www.primothemes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=10368&p=33365#p33365

After payment via CC through PayPal the customer is shown a link that says: “Return to ____@_____.com”

Sorry, can you please confirm for me…
You’re referring to PayPal Express Checkout through a Pro Form?, or through a Standard PayPal Button?

Posted: Tuesday Mar 27th, 2012 at 7:03 pm #9305

Brilliant, thanks for that Jason!

Sorry, I did search through the API looking at the hooks & filters but I wasn’t sure which one to use.

Re. the “Return to …..” link, that’s just through a standard PayPal button.

Thanks also for the follow up re. being able to place those filters within the theme as an option. Appreciate it!

By the way, after I get through this upcoming launch I plan to upgrade to one of your higher pro packages. I’m not actually using the pro module and will only be on one domain, but I feel it’s only the right thing to do given how helpful you guys are and how integral s2Member has been and is becoming in my business.

So in that regard, I have a quick question. Do you think you would consider a private area of the forum for folks who have upgraded to the Unlimited or Network licenses? The reason I ask is I’d like to share with your other customers some of the code I’ve developed for this new site, but given it shows my site’s infrastructure ideally it would be great if I could do so and yet not have the code samples totally public. Just a thought / idea of course though. :)

Thanks!

Posted: Tuesday Mar 27th, 2012 at 8:19 pm #9308

Hi Kezz, thanks so much for the kudos and support! :)

About the privacy of the forum, the Customer Support forum is for Pro customers only, not public like the Community forum is.

Posted: Tuesday Mar 27th, 2012 at 8:27 pm #9309

You’re welcome Cristian!

With my question, when I said private I meant as in not visible rather than can’t post to. That way I’d know only major supporters of s2Member would be able to read. I’m probably a little overly paranoid, but at the same time I’d also kind of like to support/share with those who are supporting you.

Posted: Tuesday Mar 27th, 2012 at 9:14 pm #9314

Ah, got it! Sorry about that. I’ll leave it to Jason then. :)

Posted: Wednesday Mar 28th, 2012 at 2:29 pm #9355

Sorry to be a thread bumper :-/

Does letting you know I’m using regular PayPal buttons help at all with how to modify the “business” value?

Posted: Thursday Mar 29th, 2012 at 6:06 am #9442
Staff Member

So sorry for the delayed response.
~ I’m reviewing this thread again now. One moment please.

Posted: Thursday Mar 29th, 2012 at 6:13 am #9443
Staff Member

Re. the “Return to …..” link, that’s just through a standard PayPal button.

I see. You’re referring to the “cbt” field that PayPal supports optionally.

Taken from PayPal’s documentation on Standard Button Variables.
cbt Sets the text for the Return to Merchant button on the PayPal Payment Complete page. For Business accounts, the return button displays your business name in place of the word “Merchant” by default. For Donate buttons, the text reads “Return to donations coordinator” by default.
NOTE: The cbt variable takes effect only if the return variable is set.
https://merchant.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=developer/e_howto_html_Appx_websitestandard_htmlvariables

s2Member’s Shortcodes for PayPal Buttons do not yet support this additional “cbt” variable. If you need to use this variable, you would need to generate your Standard PayPal Buttons using PayPal’s own Button Generator, instead of with s2Member Shortcodes. I’ve provided some documentation for this here: http://www.primothemes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=309#p1333

Posted: Thursday Mar 29th, 2012 at 6:34 am #9444
Staff Member

We REALLY appreciate this request Kezz.

So in that regard, I have a quick question. Do you think you would consider a private area of the forum for folks who have upgraded to the Unlimited or Network licenses? The reason I ask is I’d like to share with your other customers some of the code I’ve developed for this new site, but given it shows my site’s infrastructure ideally it would be great if I could do so and yet not have the code samples totally public. Just a thought / idea of course though. :)

Our Customer Forums can be “read” by anyone in the public, but it’s not possible to post and/or reply to any topic created in our Customer Forums without being a Customer yourself. This makes our Customer Forum a great place to share information with everyone, but without needing to address future questions/concerns about your post from just anyone out there in the public.

I can certainly understand your desire to have a private area though, completely invisible to the public. I’m adding this to our list of things to discuss in the next conference call. That being said, we want to keep most information available for “read” access from the public, so adding a private forum (if not done properly) could create a problem in that regard (i.e. too many folks posting things privately, without warrant). In the mean time, if you have suggestions on how to prevent the normal flow of information from being posted into a completely private area all the time, please feel free to share. We value your feedback.

Posted: Thursday Mar 29th, 2012 at 7:10 pm #9507

Hi Jason,

For sure, I totally understand – I hadn’t considered the element of things being posted in a private area that really ought not to be, like support questions where it helps to have the answers visible to as many people as possible. I can see how that could be a problem.

Perhaps then some type of resource sharing area could work rather than a general discussion room? Possibly with a directive that support queries should all be directed to the main Customer Forum? Potentially a spot where people using s2Member in their business (which I’m assuming most Unlimited & Network users do) could network and discuss with one another the strategic side of Membership sites in business moreso than the technical? Just thinking out loud though, so as to whether any of this is practical at all who knows. :-)

Thanks very much for pointing me in the right direction re. the cbt field. Oh if only I could just use Website Payments Pro, but in Australia you must supply two years of trading history before you are eligible and hence my relatively new business cannot yet apply….sigh….

At the moment I run a series of conditional checks that go on to generate one of 11 possible strings which I then process as s2Member button shortcodes outputting URLs.

For e.g.:

$link = 'href="'.do_shortcode( '[s2Member-PayPal-Button level="'.$level.'" ccaps="'.$ccaps.'" desc="'.get_the_title().'" ps="_____" lc="" cc="USD" dg="0" ns="1" custom="www._____.com" ra="'.$price.'" rp="1" rt="L" rr="BN" image="default" output="url" /]' ).'"';

These URLs are dynamically generated for each product, and there will be quite a high number of products as I move forward, which is why I am using an automated process to create the buy buttons for each one.

I’m thinking what I could do is instead have the full PayPal button URL generated instead. However, I am really hoping to use s2Member’s encryption processes so people can’t change the values in the URL.

If I have a string generated for the PayPal button URL, would there be any way at all that I could still pass it through s2Member’s encryption functions?

I realize that I’m probably hovering on the border here of whats covered by your Support Services, so if I’ve stepped outside that line please just let me know.

Thanks!

Posted: Saturday Mar 31st, 2012 at 12:17 pm #9665
Staff Member

Hi Kezz. Great feedback. Thank you!

One thing you could try is this…

Open this button template file:
/s2member/includes/templates/buttons/paypal-checkout-button.php
Inside that file you’ll find the PayPal Button Code that s2Member’s Shortcode uses. If you add the cbt variable into that template, you’ll save yourself some time. That way you can continue to use what you’ve already got.

Posted: Saturday Mar 31st, 2012 at 3:53 pm #9680

That’s brilliant, thankyou so much!!

That is a massive relief – all set for launch now!!

And I really appreciate you taking time out of your weekend to help me out. Thankyou!! :-D

Posted: Sunday Apr 1st, 2012 at 11:23 pm #9732

Jason, I’m assuming she’ll have to re-apply that customization to the template after each s2Member update, right?

Posted: Monday Apr 2nd, 2012 at 5:43 pm #9810

Thanks Cristian for the extra thought. :)

I’m also assuming the same so I have offline backups of the files.

Appreciate it!

Posted: Monday Apr 2nd, 2012 at 8:19 pm #9824

Cool. :)

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.