latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Changeing from Open to Closed Membership

Home Forums Community Forum Changeing from Open to Closed Membership

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 4 years, 1 month ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Nov 15th, 2012 at 8:18 pm #31743

Hi,

Love s2member really awesome software and community. My question is how and what needs to be taken in consideration and then executed upon to change my site from Open to Close Membership. I have about 500 members of which 300 are freemembers. I am trying the best way to move from open to closed and how to encourage free members to convert before free level is eliminated.

Also how do i remove the the /wp-login.php?action=register option from sign in and sign up pages and references without eliminating the Free Level 0 members already signed up. I would appreciate any suggestion of what to look out for and how to plan for the is transition.

Thanks,
Arthur

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Dec 2nd, 2012 at 12:36 pm #33215

is there anyone out there who is familiar with Open/Closed Registration? I would really like to find the documentation that describes what the proper way to move from open registration to closed and what the implication would be to all 0 Level members? Also would be cool to find an implementation tutorial to move from OPEN to CLOSED.

Posted: Sunday Dec 2nd, 2012 at 4:11 pm #33229
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Arthur,

To remove free registration you would simply go under Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Open Registration and disable it.

To show the message to users level 0 you would simply use s2Member conditionals to only show certain content to free members, telling them what will happen etc. You can find an article about conditionals here: Knowledge Base » s2Member® Conditionals

And finally, to remove all subscribers that are level 0. You would need to make a script that checks all of the users, and deletes any that has the role of “Subscriber”, which is level 0.

Those would be the steps you would take, roughly.

Hope this helps. :)

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.