latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Changing Membership Levels from USERS

Home Forums Community Forum Changing Membership Levels from USERS

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  servantes 3 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday May 20th, 2013 at 12:35 am #50209

Hi guys,

I love s2Member, keep up the good work. . .

Currently, I have a paid membership site with the paid members being level 1. (There are no free members by design).

When I initially launched the site, I allowed a handful of “early-adopters” in for a severely discounted fee and manually switched them to Level 1.

Now, I want to LIMIT what they have access to, but want to make sure my NON-SALE PAID members still have access to everything (I will do this by switching them manually to Level 2, so can see the areas I don’t want the early adopters to see). If I were to go into the s2member control panel —> Users and switch their membership level from Level 1 to Level 2, will their automatic payments through PayPal stop? THAT WOULD BE BAD!! Do I need them to “sign up” again with a new button? (I hope not). I’m just hoping I can do this behind the scenes without them knowing. In essence, I’m trying to “downgrade” my early adopeters, but because I started everyone out at Level 1, there’s no where to go (down). Please help clear this up!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday May 20th, 2013 at 10:21 pm #50244

Please help!

Posted: Wednesday May 22nd, 2013 at 5:52 am #50339
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for your inquiry.

I’m very sorry for the delay in response.

Users and switch their membership level from Level 1 to Level 2, will their automatic payments through PayPal stop?

No, you can do this and then change the way you have your content protected, and that would be okay. Just make sure to change your PayPal Buttons/Pro Forms to conform to this change as well.

Posted: Wednesday May 22nd, 2013 at 6:24 pm #50396

Bruce, thanks for the response. Just to be clear, if I MANUALLY upgrade my existing members (that have paid for LEVEL 1), to LEVEL 2, it will NOT interfere with their existing LEVEL 1 auto-payments. YES?

Posted: Wednesday May 22nd, 2013 at 6:58 pm #50398
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Bruce, thanks for the response. Just to be clear, if I MANUALLY upgrade my existing members (that have paid for LEVEL 1), to LEVEL 2, it will NOT interfere with their existing LEVEL 1 auto-payments. YES?

No, s2Member can continue using the existing subscription to allow the User access. The User will be denied access when/if they cancel that subscription.

Posted: Wednesday May 22nd, 2013 at 7:08 pm #50399

Ok, thanks Bruce. I’ve made the changes (manually) to my existing Level-1 paid members. I have switched their status to level 2 and will assume that their monthly recurring membership fees (that they originally signed up on) will continue, without any issues.

Thanks again.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.