latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

changing recurring payments with paypal pro

Home Forums Community Forum changing recurring payments with paypal pro

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Feb 7th, 2013 at 6:09 pm #41091

hi.

can i please get some clarification on how recurring payments work with paypal pro forms.

if i sign up for a yearly recurring payments with credit card and i use a paypal form update billing to update my recurring payments to monthly (vice versa monthly > yearly).
when is my next bill?
does my account get charged immediately even though i’ve already paid for a month or a year in advance?
using GetRecurringPaymentsProfileDetails method i wasn’t able to view my NEXTBILLINGDATE. when does that get initiated?

how does switching between paypal to credit card effect my recurring profile when updating my payment details?
similar questions, does it get charged again immediately? when is my next bill?

thank you. so far technical support has been great and the plugin seems to be doing a good job so far with testing.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Feb 7th, 2013 at 6:14 pm #41092

after an account expires what sort of form do i need to provide the user to allow them to reactivate their account? is it the same one for updating billing?
what’s the difference between a billing modification form to a billing update form?

Posted: Saturday Feb 9th, 2013 at 3:29 pm #41266
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for your inquiry.

From the Docs
(Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Billing Modification Forms):

If the Member already has an existing paid Subscription with you, that paid Subscription will be cancelled automatically behind-the-scene, and a new paid Subscription will be created to replace the old one. Again, the new paid Subscription is based on the Level, pricing, and terms that you specify below. If you need to give Customers some sort of grace period when/if they upgrade to a more expensive plan, please feel free to handle this through the application of free days, or with special pricing configured below.

s2Member’s Billing Modification Forms do not take into account previous subscriptions. Instead, the old Subscription is canceled (meaning that the Member will not be charged any further on the previous subscription), and a new Subscription is made.

Previously, Users of s2Member have set up external processes to handle how long a user should have free when modifying their billing. If you’d like to do something similar, you should modify the tp (Trial Period) attribute of your Pro Form dynamically.

See: Knowledge Base » Using Variables In A Shortcode
See Also: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Shortcode Attributes (Explained)

Posted: Sunday Feb 10th, 2013 at 5:59 pm #41383

hi.

thanks for the response.

what if i don’t give a grace period or i miss calculate it. does it still all add up?

so if i signed up for a yearly subscription and just changed it to monthly. without giving any trial days i just got charged again for the monthly. does that mean that if i cancel my account now, i have 13 months all together in my account? or 1 month and the 12 months basically disappear?

lets say i just changed it from yearly, to monthly, and then to quarterly? how many months does my account have? does it collect the months as i keep changing my subscription?

is reactivating any different?

Posted: Monday Feb 11th, 2013 at 5:54 pm #41428

actually i just realised that the next bill date is always going to be the same regardless of what the new subscription is.

what about reactivating account. is that the same form as updating billing?

Posted: Thursday Feb 14th, 2013 at 12:01 am #41653
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

what about reactivating account. is that the same form as updating billing?

Yes. You should use Billing Modification Forms any time you have an existing user that needs to be Upgraded/Downgraded to a new level, or have their billing changed.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.