latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

changing the "more" tag

Home Forums Community Forum changing the "more" tag

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  boudewijn lutgerink 4 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Jun 11th, 2012 at 9:18 am #16132

I want to change the more tag as it shows in a post, It now says “continue reading title-of-the-post”
However I am not sure if this is a s2member thing or included in my theme (easel).
Although I think it is in the s2member code somewhere, since clicking that link brings a non-paying visitor to my payment options page. Can anybody tell me where I can find the code for that?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Jun 12th, 2012 at 6:46 am #16224

No, s2Member doesn’t change the more tag. The reason why you are being sent to the Membership Options is that the post is protected and the viewer doesn’t have access, but the snippet before the “more” is in the list of posts (home, category/tag archive) and your Alt Views restriction is configured to allow it. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Restriction Options -› Alternative View Protection[/hilite]

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Thursday Jun 21st, 2012 at 10:58 am #17133

Well, that’s all fine and good, the text preceding the more tag is supposed to be visible, it is a teaser. I actually want to change the text of the more tag and, when possible, the URL where the user is send to.
I figured out a way to get the value of a custom field (PHP is still quite fuzzy stuff for me) so now I want to use that to change the more tag in two ways dynamically:

1. I want to change the language;
  2. I want to change the URL the user is sent to (language dependent again.

meaning that for the Dutch articles I want the reader to see a text like “Klik hier om verder te lezen”.
If logged in, they see the whole text, if not logged in (not a member yet) I want to forward them to a page where they see the Dutch text for subscription optiuons.

For English Readers I want them to see a text like “Continue reading…” and a link to a page with English text.

Posted: Friday Jun 22nd, 2012 at 6:59 am #17177

I’ve never edited the more link myself, so I googled it and found this article that seems may help you with that: http://digwp.com/2010/01/wordpress-more-tag-tricks/

Posted: Tuesday Jun 26th, 2012 at 4:20 pm #17576

I get this:

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

What you can try:
Diagnose Connection Problems

More information

This problem can be caused by a variety of issues, including:
Internet connectivity has been lost.The website is temporarily unavailable.The Domain Name Server (DNS) is not reachable.The Domain Name Server (DNS) does not have a listing for the website’s domain.There might be a typing error in the address.If this is an HTTPS (secure) address, click Tools, click Internet Options, click Advanced, and check to be sure the SSL and TLS protocols are enabled under the security section.
For offline users
You can still view subscribed feeds and some recently viewed webpages.
To view subscribed feeds
Click the Favorites Center button , click Feeds, and then click the feed you want to view.
To view recently visited webpages (might not work on all pages)
Click Tools , and then click Work Offline.Click the Favorites Center button , click History, and then click the page you want to view.

Do I need to say more?

Posted: Tuesday Jun 26th, 2012 at 5:05 pm #17582
Stuart Giles
Username: Juggy69

Just checked link works fine for me

Posted: Wednesday Jun 27th, 2012 at 6:02 am #17632

Yep, now it’s working again.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.