latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Changing user from paid to free

Home Forums Community Forum Changing user from paid to free

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 1 month ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Nov 9th, 2012 at 12:18 pm #31145

How do I change a user’s account from a paid account to a free one?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Nov 9th, 2012 at 3:58 pm #31172
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Jennifer,

You would just find the user you want to modify, under WP Admin -> Users -> All Users -> [Username], and then you would change his role to subscriber, if you are using levels. If you’re using Anything else then you would simply modify it under the s2Member section for the user’s profile.

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Friday Nov 9th, 2012 at 4:05 pm #31174

I realize I should’ve been more specific. I had a member who was at level 3, signed up through Paypal. I want to keep him at level 3 but make his account free. Can I do this by just deleting the subscriber ID and setting the subscriber gateway to blank?

Posted: Saturday Nov 10th, 2012 at 9:06 am #31214

Yes, if you do that, then no notification from PayPal would tied to his account, EOT wouldn’t be set, and demotion would not happen. Removing the subscr. ID from his profile won’t end the subscription over at PayPal, which you need to end there.

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Saturday Nov 10th, 2012 at 9:22 am #31219

That does help. Thanks so much for getting back to me on a Saturday! I really appreciate it.

Posted: Monday Nov 12th, 2012 at 7:10 am #31284

No problem. I’m glad I could help you. :)

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.