latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Charged Recurring fee with BuyNow/1 Time Code

Home Forums Community Forum Charged Recurring fee with BuyNow/1 Time Code

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 3 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Mar 28th, 2013 at 9:22 am #45973

Yesterday, I used the following shortcode to generate and test a Buy Now One Time (lifetime access, non-recurring, no trial) button as if I were a customer:

[s2Member-PayPal-Button level="2" ccaps="" desc="Pathway 2 Preparedness Membership (Lifetime Access)" ps="paypal" lc="" cc="USD" dg="0" ns="1" custom="rethinksurvival.com" ta="0" tp="0" tt="D" ra="2.00" rp="1" rt="L" rr="BN" rrt="" rra="1" image="default" output="button" /]

Since it was a test I used $2 as the fee and everything seemed fine. I was charged $2 by PayPal, was able to create an account on my website, got proper access to level 2 pages, etc.

This morning, however, I noticed that I was charged another fee according to PayPal of $0.95 for “yearly fee test” which appears to be a recurring yearly fee.

I check my shortcode again to ensure I didn’t choose the wrong option and it looks like the code above is correct. Did I miss something?

Also, why can’t I just generate a button using PayPal’s button generator and paste that into my web page?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Mar 30th, 2013 at 9:14 am #46133
Eduan
Username: Eduan

I’m not sure I understand the problem…

Did you generate that shortcode manually? Or is the problem the fact that instead of lifetime access you got a yearly recurring fee?

– Eduan

Posted: Sunday Mar 31st, 2013 at 2:31 pm #46212

Hi Eduan. I might have spoke too soon. I’ve had a few buys and thus far haven’t had any problems. If it crops up again I will say something. Thank you.

Posted: Tuesday Apr 2nd, 2013 at 10:05 pm #46427
Eduan
Username: Eduan

OK Damian. Glad you haven’t had problems yet. :)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.