latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Charging a different first month fee…

Home Forums Community Forum Charging a different first month fee…

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Jack Holley 4 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Feb 28th, 2012 at 5:25 pm #6690
Jack Holley
Username: jholley

Hello,

I am developing a health coaching site as a companion to my in-office health improvement programs. I am currently using s2Member (free) and PayPal Pro for the member site. Once I know s2Member will do what I need I will purchase Pro. My site is http://MyHealthByDesign.com.

This site requires a higher first month (due to an initial consultation and lab testing that we perform). The fee for the first month is $697.00. Each month AFTER the first month is $227.00 for ongoing support and access to our member’s area. This charge should start 1 month after the initial charge above.

I saw an old thread at http://www.primothemes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=894&p=3601 that basically looks like what I’m trying to do. But I would like someone to look at the button code to make sure I have it right. This is what I have for the button code:

[s2Member-PayPal-Button level="3" ccaps="" desc="Private Health Coaching Member" ps="paypal" lc="" cc="USD" dg="0" ns="1" custom="myhealthbydesign.com" ta="697.00" tp="1" tt="M" ra="227.00" rp="1" rt="M" rr="1" rrt="" rra="1" image="default" output="button" /]

Feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Feb 29th, 2012 at 4:22 pm #6806
David Welch
Username: dwbiz05

Yes that looks correct at first glance. You have a trial period for the greater amount for 1 month then the regular amount charged monthly.

If you put it in a page, view it and click the link, paypal should state those same periods and prices.

Dave

Posted: Wednesday Feb 29th, 2012 at 4:27 pm #6807
Jack Holley
Username: jholley

Thanks Dave!

I did some PayPal sandbox testing and it looks to operate the way it’s intended. The PayPal checkout page says the charge is “$697 for the first month, then $227 each month”. The sandbox shows the first charge as $697.00. So it looks good.

Again, thanks for confirming the coding for me.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.