latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Check if trial ended vs member canceled

Home Forums Community Forum Check if trial ended vs member canceled

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice. Last updated by  Pete 3 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Aug 23rd, 2013 at 5:31 pm #56606
Pete
Username: anagio

Hi,

I’d like to know if there is a method to keep track of free trial members who’ve been demoted and reached their EOT vs paid members who’ve decided to cancel, or payment has lapsed.

An example usage is if a trial member at level 1 reaches EOT and is demoted to level 0. Is there anyway for me to use a conditional so upon login a custom message displays saying they’re trial has expired to continue using our system please upgrade to a paid account.

Where as a member at level 2 who’s been paying a year decides to cancel, is demoted to level 0, logs in and would see a custom message about renewing their membership rather than mentioning a trial.

I know how to work with the conditionals based on member access level and ccaps, but not sure how to handle this scenario, should I use a custom field in the user object for trial members to add a conditional to, ie; check if user is level 0 and custom field is trial display trial message? And if a user pays and becomes a member remove the value from the field so upon login after an EOT the check see’s they were a paid member and display a different message? Or is there another way about this?

Thanks

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.