latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

CHECKOUT ISSUES

Home Forums Community Forum CHECKOUT ISSUES

This topic contains 11 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Dec 21st, 2012 at 5:40 pm #35282

we’re still having issues with s2member registration and checkout.

First, if the registration form is submitted and there is an error, the form comes back without the tax added in the total. Tax is now shown/calculated at zero. (we are Canadian and must charge tax on CDN orders). Even if i delete the postal code and then re-enter it tax is always calculated at zero from the error afterwards.

Next, sometimes the tax calculator just spins. It just keeps processing and processing and never resolves. i go to another page and then come back to registration and try again and it works. But my customers won’t try again…

I will send you the registration url via private email so you can have a look…

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Dec 22nd, 2012 at 7:20 pm #35374
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Hi Mark,

Could you send your details via s2Member® » Private Contact Form so we can take a look?

Posted: Saturday Dec 29th, 2012 at 8:35 pm #35765

tax issue is still the same. I have put our Authorize.net account back into test mode.

Also, please tell me how to remove the download pop up (the popup that tells my members they only have 29…28…27…downloads left. I only want them to see a popup when they run out of downloads (hit zero).

Also, I would like to change the copy for the “your membership has been updated” email sent. (upon renewal/subsequent payment by existing member). Where do I do this.

I also want to change the price to $139/yr. Where do I change the product description?

Thanks.

Posted: Saturday Dec 29th, 2012 at 9:23 pm #35766
Bruce
Staff Member

Hi Mark,

tax issue is still the same. I have put our Authorize.net account back into test mode.

I’m taking a look now. Some first things I notice are as follows:

your Security Encryption Key is not the correct 60 characters or longer
your theme is throwing 2 JavaScript errors on your Membership Options Page, unrelated to s2Member
you’re not forcing SSL with your Pro Form

Also, please tell me how to remove the download pop up (the popup that tells my members they only have 29…28…27…downloads left. I only want them to see a popup when they run out of downloads (hit zero).

You should be able to add &s2member_skip_confirmation to the end of your links, or skip_confirmation="yes" to shortcodes, if that’s what you’re using.

Also, I would like to change the copy for the “your membership has been updated” email sent. (upon renewal/subsequent payment by existing member). Where do I do this.

s2Member doesn’t let you edit this through the admin panel. Instead you’ll need to hook into the wp_mail function.

Something like this:

I also want to change the price to $139/yr. Where do I change the product description?

You’ll want to change the desc attribute in the shortcode in your signup page.

Posted: Saturday Dec 29th, 2012 at 9:28 pm #35767
Bruce
Staff Member

Mark,

I refreshed your options, and it appears that your tax configuration is now working correctly. Can you run some of your own tests and let me know if problems persist?

Posted: Monday Dec 31st, 2012 at 12:12 am #35838

Hi Bruce,

It’s late here now so i won’t be able to test until tomorrow — will let you know…

With regard to this: “your Security Encryption Key is not the correct 60 characters or longer
your theme is throwing 2 JavaScript errors on your Membership Options Page, unrelated to s2Member
you’re not forcing SSL with your Pro Form”

Did you fix these items? Was this part of your repair?

Posted: Monday Dec 31st, 2012 at 11:35 am #35850

Bruce,

I submitted a test transaction with incorrect credit card number and it happened again — tax was removed (went to zero). tried re-entering postal code — no tax applied.

As for not forcing ssl with our pro form — it looks like it is secure, https & the lock icon are showing in the browser…

Posted: Wednesday Jan 2nd, 2013 at 7:39 pm #36032
Bruce
Staff Member

With regard to this: “your Security Encryption Key is not the correct 60 characters or longer
you’re not forcing SSL with your Pro Form”

Did you fix these items? Was this part of your repair?

No, these are things that you’ll need to set up. I changed the value of the value of your default tax rate and it appeared to be working correctly. and then I changed it to 0.00 and it was still working correctly for me. I recommend fixing the items I listed out above, and then if it still does not fix your issue I’ll send a message to Jason and see what his thought are.

Posted: Wednesday Jan 2nd, 2013 at 10:33 pm #36048

Are you kidding me? You’ve had me waiting around for over a week on this issue and this is what you come back with?

The tax calculator does not work if there is an error on form submission. period. It is behaving exactly the same now as it did before you requested access and “looked” at it. We do not use a default tax rate so that wouldn’t have any bearing on anything as far as our needs are concerned.

I must say we’ve been having ongoing issues with s2m for weeks now and you guys simply don’t do anything hands on about it. You likely could have adjusted the items you mentioned above faster than it took you to explain them to me; had a very happy customer, and even earned an hours wage (my offer to pay for your time still holds) – but no, you let us spin. Frankly, I expected better service for a paying customer.

If you haven’t noticed, I am becoming very frustrated. OK, maybe we have an inexperienced developer. Does that mean we’ll be left hanging? Come on guys, step out of the box. Will you just fix the damn thing and bill me?

Posted: Thursday Jan 3rd, 2013 at 4:20 am #36076

Hi Mark.

if the registration form is submitted and there is an error, the form comes back without the tax added in the total. Tax is now shown/calculated at zero.

I just tested in my installation the taxes, submitting wrong info to get an error and when the pro-form loaded again the tax was still calculated correctly.

Have you tested your site for a plugin/theme conflict that may be causing the pro-form to work incorrectly in that regard? Please follow the tests suggested in this article: Knowledge Base » Common Troubleshooting Tips

Bruce alredy mentioned having found JavaScript errors in the page. I’d do the tests to find what’s introducing the problem to your pro-form. After you find what’s doing it, then solving it is possible fixing or replacing it.

Posted: Thursday Jan 3rd, 2013 at 8:09 pm #36142

OK, i discovered what the issue is. When the form is submitted with an error it comes back with the default country in place. We set the default country as USA and since Canadians will choose Canada as their country, when the form returns after error, it defaults to USA – where no tax is applied. So it DOES seem to be working correctly. Problem is, if we set the default country to Canada and a US/other customers creates an error, he will now see tax applied. (Since all the fields remain filled in no one notices that the country reverts to default. So US/other customers may bail at this point because they think the system is malfunctioning not realizing the country has reverted).

So, is there a way for the form to be set up so it reverts back to the SELECTED country in case of error?

Also, I would like to change the SUBMIT FORM button to just say SUBMIT. Where can i change that text?

Also, how do we force ssl?

Thanks, and sorry for my frustration yesterday.

Posted: Saturday Jan 5th, 2013 at 8:29 am #36259

Ah, I’m glad you found that, Mark! Okay, now tell me, please, where did you set the default country? In my test, I didn’t have with it the problem you mention.

Thanks, and sorry for my frustration yesterday.

No problem, I can understand how that can be.

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.