latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Checkout/Register Page

Home Forums Community Forum Checkout/Register Page

This topic contains 20 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Jesse Herman 4 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday May 7th, 2012 at 7:55 pm #12853

Is there a way so somebody can register and checkout at the same time?

Right now, you register and then get redirected to the membership options page. This extra step could prove tough for elderly members, which we have in bunches.

Thanks.

• This topic was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by  Jesse Herman.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday May 8th, 2012 at 3:10 am #12877

Jesse, you can use the pro-form with PayPal Pro or Authorize.Net to have a registration and payment in one step.

Posted: Wednesday May 9th, 2012 at 12:11 pm #13058

Cristián,

Thanks for the reply. My client does not have paypal pro or authorize.net. We are using the free paypal solution.

I understand this will take someone off the page onto the paypal checkout, but we still want them to register on the same page they sign up for a plan.

How can this be done?

I would also like to add custom fields.

You help is appreciated. Thanks!

• This reply was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by  Jesse Herman.
Posted: Wednesday May 9th, 2012 at 2:42 pm #13072

Here is the link so you can check it out.

The spacing is not good either. In addition to the other questions, is there a way to fix that in css or other? Thank you.

Posted: Wednesday May 9th, 2012 at 4:31 pm #13086

Got ya.

The spacing you have there is not in the deafult pro-form, so I’m guessing a style in your theme is causing it. You should be able to track it down with Firebug and sort it out.

Hmm… One way you could do it is with the success attribute in the free registration pro-form, so that after registration s2Member would send the person to PayPal to pay. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Custom Return URLs Upon Success[/hilite]

Use the PayPal button shortcode with output URL and load it in a page while logged out, so it isn’t tied to your account. Copy the URL you get and use that in the success attribute of the pro-form. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Shortcode Attributes -> output[/hilite]

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Thursday May 10th, 2012 at 9:33 am #13145

The redirect could work if not for the fact I can attain a level of membership. This means I would have to manually set their levels.

What is the solution if you don’t have paypal pro? Is there a good solution.

I appreciate your suggestions but this is a very clunky process.

With commerce software, even with paypal express, you choose your package/register and before going to paypal page. I was hoping this would be seamless and straight forward like that.

To summarize:

Right now a someone registers. They then get redirected to paypal page (or page of my choosing with paypal buttons. They then pay for package. I would then have to assign their level manually, by looking at their registration and payment.

This is too much confusion and work! If we had only one payment option it would be fine but with 2-3 it won’t.

Am I missing something? Do you have to have paypal pro or authorize.net….?

Posted: Friday May 11th, 2012 at 5:29 am #13175

Sorry, I didn’t know you had many options.

Hmm… You could have the options in a step before the registration, and then customize the pro-form dynamically. http://www.primothemes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=1604

I haven’t tried this, but you could test it, is generate a pro-form for each option, changing only the success attribute, and copy the HTML each outputs in the page where it is. All would be the same except for the [hilite mono]s2member_pro_paypal_registration[attr][/hilite] field. Change its type from hidden to a dropdown and for each option use the field values you got from their respective forms. paste the form in the HTML editor and try it.

Hope that helps.

Posted: Friday May 11th, 2012 at 12:40 pm #13208

Thanks for the reply! This makes sense and looks like a solution. Let me test it out this weekend and I’ll get back to you with an update. Sorry for the grammatical errors above.

Posted: Friday May 11th, 2012 at 7:48 pm #13237

No problem. I hope it helps you get it the way you want. :)

Posted: Monday May 14th, 2012 at 12:18 pm #13407

I’m having issues getting this to work and look good how I want.

Is there way to get help?

Or, do you guys suggest just convincing my client to upgrade to paypal pro or authorize.net?

Again, I want a simple register (to specific level) + pay at the same time page.

I don’t care if they pay on a 2nd page, I just want it so they choose a payment and register to a level at the same time. A couple custom fields would be nice too.

Advice to make this happen ASAP would be greatly appreciated. I’ve been fumbling around with this long enough and a clear, concise solution is needed to keep all paying parties tranquil. Thanks.

Posted: Tuesday May 15th, 2012 at 12:09 am #13440

If a 2-step process is not a problem, then this will help: http://www.primothemes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=1604

Your client doesn’t need Auth.Net if he won’t be taking payments on-site. Are you selling a subscription or is it a one-time payment?

Posted: Friday May 18th, 2012 at 12:05 pm #13883

We are selling both. I got it to work!!! Thank you for your help.

The spacing issue is still a problem. I don’t think it is as simple as editing a line of css. The template file that I think sets up the template form is called custom.js.

I need to override this so the styling is according to what can be shown on s2member form.

Any help or suggestions are appreciated. If you can’t help, any suggestions on services that can help would be great.

Thanks.

Posted: Friday May 18th, 2012 at 1:14 pm #13887

Looking through the source code, I don’t see where the s2member.css is even referenced.

http://redesign90wms.com/membership-options-page/

Posted: Friday May 18th, 2012 at 7:53 pm #13929

I’m glad you got it working. :)

About the extra space, I noticed that you have a pair of parragraph tags between each field’s title and input. s2Member doesn’t have those by default, so it’s probably something you added by mistake?

Or maybe it’s a parsing problem caused by another plugin or the theme? Could you try as a quick test, to use the default theme? Or deactivating other plugins one by one and refreshing this page after each change?

I hope that helps.

Posted: Monday May 21st, 2012 at 11:39 am #14077

It is definitely a template issue. I contacted the template creator and he referred me to a service that is no longer active.

I like the form as it is meant to be. Can anyone assist me in getting this to work. If not, is there a service that could help? Thanks much.

Posted: Tuesday May 22nd, 2012 at 10:49 am #14182

1. The theme creator suggested I try this plugin out:

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/text-control/

http://redesign90wms.com/membership-options-page/

Still no luck though. We like the theme this is our only issue with it.

2. I tried to add a custom field called “weight” but it is not showing up.

UPDATE:

We are about done. The three above issues are about all that is getting int the way right now. We are dripping content successfully. I’m very happy with the product. But the 3 things mentioned are the only hangups. Help, advice, suggestions and/or referral to 3rd party service is very much appreciated.

Thanks!

• This reply was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by  Jesse Herman.
Posted: Tuesday May 22nd, 2012 at 8:41 pm #14217

Jessie-
Add this to the bottom of the your referenced css file – it should remove the spaces created by the p tag and the extra margin at the top of the field labels.

#s2member-pro-paypal-form-div {
margin-top:0px;
}

#s2member-pro-paypal-form-div p {
padding:0;
}

you can also style the section font by adding this to the bottom of the same css:
#s2member-pro-paypal-checkout-form-billing-method-section-title {font-family: xxxx;}

hope this helps with your spacing issues

Posted: Wednesday May 23rd, 2012 at 9:57 am #14321

Thanks Scott. I’ve looked at a number of CSS files, including the theme css, s2 member css and paypal gateway css (paypal.css).

It looks to me like the paypal.css is what is referenced. if you check it out the code shows up with firebug. Still no luck, though.

What am I doing wrong?

Posted: Wednesday May 23rd, 2012 at 12:19 pm #14336

Jesse-
you will need to edit/add it to your theme css file

/Scott

Posted: Wednesday May 23rd, 2012 at 1:21 pm #14344

No, I’ve hunted down every CSS file via ftp…..no dice. I will contact template creator. I don’t get it!!!

Posted: Wednesday May 23rd, 2012 at 1:41 pm #14349

I got it. I had to edit the “p” tag in the css file. I’m worried about it screwing up other stuff but whatever….this will work for now.

Thanks for all your help. Truly appreciated. This plugin is going to work for us. I’m going to do a video when we are all done and compare with WMPU membership. I’ll let you know when I’ve done that in the next month or so.

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.