latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

choosing which part of site is protected

Home Forums Community Forum choosing which part of site is protected

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday May 31st, 2012 at 10:22 am #15046

Imagine that this question has been asked many times before but I cannot so far find it on the forum so please bear with me as I ask what is probably a very obvious question:

is there a way to stop s2member from working on certain parts of my site?

I have areas of the site which are designed to be used by mobile phones –

http://www.giornaledibarganews.com/ipascoli/

This gives out fragments of poetry directly from a QR codes put up in the city. I would like this area to be completely free and with direct access instead of going through the members options page.

is this possible and if so how do I do it ?

thank you

keane
http://www.giornaledibarganews.com

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday May 31st, 2012 at 4:15 pm #15081

hmm, something else I meant to add – what about a whole category like : http://www.giornaledibarganews.com/category/barga-jazz-festival/

is it possible to remove that category totally from the workings of s2members so that it can be assessed as normal and without people being asked to sign up ?

ciao
keane

Posted: Friday Jun 1st, 2012 at 4:00 am #15133

Hi Keane.

s2Member, by default, doesn’t restrict access to anything, except the page you choose for Login Welcome, which gets restricted at s2’s Level 0. Only the things in your site that you add to s2Member restrictions will be restricted. So if there’s an area you want public, just make sure you don’t restrict it.

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Friday Jun 1st, 2012 at 5:10 am #15136

I realised just after I had posted this, what a stupid question it was ..sorry, I had not read enough about s2 members .. please ignore me ..and thank you again for the pleasant and measured tone in your reply .. you must get very tired of answering ill informed questions

ciao
keane

Posted: Friday Jun 1st, 2012 at 9:43 pm #15221

Oh, not a problem, Keane. I know how it is with new things one has to learn, and it’s understandable that it may get confusing sometimes. It just shows that we probably could do a bit better explaining some things.

Thank you for your nice tone too! And I’m glad I could help you, even if just a little bit. Let us know if you need anything else. :)

Posted: Thursday Jun 14th, 2012 at 5:11 pm #16512
webierweb
Username: joec

I have embedded a video using JW Player that is on a page that is available for all to see….

I want the video to stream for anyone….when I visit the page on my cell phone, it says that I do not have access to view the video file….How do I change this?

Posted: Friday Jun 15th, 2012 at 7:16 am #16568

Hi JC.

If you want the video to stream for anyone, you don’t need to protect it with s2Member. Put it outside the s2member-files directory and it shoudl be fine, or an Amazon S3 bucket that isn’t the one you created for s2Member protection.

I hope that helps. :)

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.