latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Recurring PayPal Pro Help

Home Forums Community Forum Recurring PayPal Pro Help

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Ryan 3 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Jul 17th, 2013 at 7:30 pm #53591
Ryan
Username: ubersuite

WordPress 3.2
S2Member Pro v130617
PayPal Pro
Recurring Billing Live (Confirmed)
Reference Transactions Enabled (Confirmed)

I am charging $99 recurring each month (no trial). Using the following shortcode:

[s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form level="1" ccaps="" desc="$99.00 USD / Monthly (recurring charge, for ongoing access)" ps="paypal" lc="" cc="USD" dg="0" ns="1" custom="domain.com" ta="0" tp="0" tt="D" ra="99.00" rp="1" rt="M" rr="1" rrt="" rra="2" accept="paypal,visa,mastercard,amex,discover,maestro,solo" accept_via_paypal="paypal" coupon="" accept_coupons="0" default_country_code="" captcha="0" /]

Problems

• When visitors opt to pay on my site with credit card, the payment goes through but does not recur. Just a one time payment of $99.
  • If they opt to pay via PayPal, the order summary is not carried over… Description: Future Payment, but it does recur.

I have read through various threads, and have seen other people with these problems individually. I have tried everything suggested for the payments not recurring, with no luck.

I realize that Paypal MTS has not been helpful with the “Future Payment” message, but thought I’d mention it, just in case something has changed.

Is my shortcode incorrect for recurring billing?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Jul 23rd, 2013 at 8:39 am #53879
Ryan

Just a friendly 6 day -BUMP-

Posted: Tuesday Jul 23rd, 2013 at 11:07 am #53885
Ryan

~ AUTO-GENERATED NOTICE TO SUPPORT REPS

Action taken: I posted a private contact form and referenced this Topic.

Posted: Tuesday Jul 23rd, 2013 at 8:24 pm #53908
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for your inquiry.

I’m very sorry about the delay. This thread got buried. I’m taking a look at this now.

Posted: Tuesday Jul 23rd, 2013 at 8:39 pm #53910
Bruce
Staff Member

It looks to me like your Shortcode is just fine. Your integration on your site looks to be complete, but you don’t have logging enabled. I can’t say what’s happening as of now. Could you please enable logging and see we can get some information with that? Thanks.

Posted: Wednesday Jul 31st, 2013 at 9:04 pm #54544
Ryan

Bruce, logging is now enabled and the most recent payment via PayPal is non-recurring. Plus the member was not upgraded from Free to Paid. Can you please tell me what I am doing wrong? Thanks.

Posted: Wednesday Jul 31st, 2013 at 9:04 pm #54545
Bruce
Staff Member

Bruce, logging is now enabled and the most recent payment via PayPal is non-recurring. Plus the member was not upgraded from Free to Paid. Can you please tell me what I am doing wrong? Thanks.

Taking a look now.

Posted: Wednesday Jul 31st, 2013 at 9:15 pm #54546
Bruce
Staff Member

Thanks for your patience.

Looking at your logs, it looks like something’s happening to your custom attribute. You’re getting this error:

2 => 'Unable to verify $_SERVER["HTTP_HOST"]. Please check the custom value in your Button Code. It MUST start with your domain name.',

Based on the shortcode sample that you provided in your first reply, I’m assuming that you have your custom attribute set up correctly. That means that this is probably an issue with either Object Caching in your installation of WordPress, or something is filtering this value out of your HTTP connections, either to or from WordPress.

Normally I see this problem happening when W3 Total Cache is installed and has Object Caching enabled, but I’m not seeing that problem on your domain. I’m going to have to ask you to follow the first two steps in this article, and run a test transaction:

Knowledge Base » Common Troubleshooting Tips

Posted: Wednesday Jul 31st, 2013 at 9:16 pm #54547
Bruce
Staff Member

To clarify, you’re not getting back any custom value at all. The value is empty:

'custom' => '',
Posted: Wednesday Jul 31st, 2013 at 9:28 pm #54551
Ryan

Thanks Bruce, I will go through the steps again.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.