latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Clarify the Paypal Form Flow

Home Forums Community Forum Clarify the Paypal Form Flow

Tagged: 

This topic contains 21 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Apr 24th, 2013 at 11:30 am #48287

I have created a paypal form for member subscription and fill in parameters in Paypal option, but when I submit the form there is no Paypal screen allow client to login Paypal account and I cannot find any paypal button (may be it doesn’t need) in the shortcode. I suppose system allow client login/redirect to Paypal then settle the payment. If I am wrong, please let me know how the paypal form integrate paypal account.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 21 replies - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Apr 24th, 2013 at 10:57 pm #48323
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

I suppose system allow client login/redirect to Paypal then settle the payment. If I am wrong, please let me know how the paypal form integrate paypal account.

Yes, s2Member is supposed to redirect to PayPal when you choose PayPal to check out with with PayPal Pro Forms. Could you send us a Dashboard login so we can take a look? You can send it here:

s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Let us know here when you send the information. :-)

Posted: Thursday Apr 25th, 2013 at 9:26 pm #48409

I have alerady sent the Dashoard login information through Private Contact!

Posted: Friday Apr 26th, 2013 at 7:18 am #48463

In compare my web page against your Paypal pro form screen, I find it is missing the payment icon, like Visa that there may be the conflict between the paypal pro form against the theme “ForexPro”. Please let me know how to solve this problem.

Posted: Friday Apr 26th, 2013 at 8:15 pm #48512
Bruce
Staff Member

Details Received.

I’m taking a look now.

Posted: Friday Apr 26th, 2013 at 8:26 pm #48513
Bruce
Staff Member

I took a look at your site, and the problem is that s2Member’s JavaScript and CSS are not being loaded into your theme. I’m not totally sure why that is at this point. I took a look and you’re not explicitly stopping JavaScript/CSS from being blocked through a Must-Use Plugin as far as I can see, but for some reason it is not loading. I’d recommend following the first few steps of our Common Troubleshooting Tips regarding deactivating plugins and your theme.

See: Knowledge Base » Common Troubleshooting Tips

Let us know what happens after you’ve done that.

Posted: Monday Apr 29th, 2013 at 10:17 pm #48701

Bruce,
I have checked this is the theme conflict. Actualy, the theme is a free version but I found it has used the base64 encrypted that I cannot make change on it. I would like to seek your advise, how to override this problem?

Posted: Tuesday Apr 30th, 2013 at 2:15 am #48771
Bruce
Staff Member

I have checked this is the theme conflict. Actualy, the theme is a free version but I found it has used the base64 encrypted that I cannot make change on it. I would like to seek your advise, how to override this problem?

The best course of action would be to contact the theme developer, but if that’s out of the equation, I might suggest adding these lines to the bottom of your header.php file (within PHP tags, of course):

c_ws_plugin__s2member_css_js_in::css();
c_ws_plugin__s2member_css_js_in::js_w_globals();

If that doesn’t work, I’m unsure what else you can do. You need to have s2Member load in its CSS and JavaScript at some point during its load.

Posted: Tuesday Apr 30th, 2013 at 4:18 am #48787

Your suggestion doesn’t work. But I have try before to copy the plugin CSS and JavaScript directly to my theme folder, thus I would like to know which s2member pro CSS and JS should be copied over if I want to try.

Posted: Tuesday Apr 30th, 2013 at 3:35 pm #48816
Bruce
Staff Member

Your suggestion doesn’t work. But I have try before to copy the plugin CSS and JavaScript directly to my theme folder, thus I would like to know which s2member pro CSS and JS should be copied over if I want to try.

Sorry to hear that. s2Member has PHP in its JavaScript and CSS, and it requires that you use s2Member’s processes here to load it:

s2member/includes/classes/css-js-in.inc.php
s2member/includes/classes/css-js-themes.inc.php
Posted: Tuesday Apr 30th, 2013 at 7:54 pm #48834

I have changed to use the Standard Twenty Ten theme to test out the Paypal process, but still No SUCCESS at all. I start to wonder what go wrong of S2member PRO or do you able to provide a pop-up window, like the Member Profile Modification to try

LOG ENTRY: Tue Apr 30th, 2013 @ precisely 11:43 pm UTC
PHP v5.2.17 :: WordPress® v3.5.1 :: s2Member® v130406 :: s2Member® Pro v130406
Memory 40.02 MB :: Real Memory 40.25 MB :: Peak Memory 40.10 MB :: Real Peak Memory 40.25 MB
support.williamforex.com/test-page-full-member-registration-form
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 10.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/6.0)
——– Input vars: ( Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:43:13 pm UTC ) ——–
array (
‘METHOD’ => ‘SetExpressCheckout’,
‘RETURNURL’ => ‘http://support.williamforex.com/test-page-full-member-registration-form?s2member_paypal_xco=s2member_pro_paypal_checkout_return’,
‘CANCELURL’ => ‘http://support.williamforex.com/test-page-full-member-registration-form?s2member_paypal_xco=s2member_pro_paypal_checkout_cancel’,
‘PAGESTYLE’ => ‘paypal’,
‘LOCALECODE’ => ”,
‘NOSHIPPING’ => ‘1’,
‘SOLUTIONTYPE’ => ‘Sole’,
‘LANDINGPAGE’ => ‘Billing’,
‘ALLOWNOTE’ => ‘0’,
‘L_BILLINGTYPE0’ => ‘RecurringPayments’,
‘L_BILLINGAGREEMENTDESCRIPTION0’ => ‘Full Member / description and pricing details here.’,
‘PAYMENTREQUEST_0_SHIPTONAME’ => ‘FirstX LastX’,
‘PAYMENTREQUEST_0_SHIPTOSTREET’ => ”,
‘PAYMENTREQUEST_0_SHIPTOCITY’ => ”,
‘PAYMENTREQUEST_0_SHIPTOSTATE’ => ”,
‘PAYMENTREQUEST_0_SHIPTOCOUNTRYCODE’ => ”,
‘PAYMENTREQUEST_0_SHIPTOZIP’ => ”,
‘EMAIL’ => ‘facebook@williamforex.com’,
‘VERSION’ => ‘71.0’,
‘USER’ => ‘charles-facilitator_api1.williamforex.com’,
‘PWD’ => ‘xxxxxxxx/PWD/SIG’,
‘SIGNATURE’ => ‘xxxxxxxx/PWD/SIG’,
)
——– Output string/vars: ( Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:43:33 pm UTC ) ——–

array (
‘__error’ => ‘Error. Please contact Support for assistance.’,
)

Posted: Tuesday Apr 30th, 2013 at 8:15 pm #48839
Bruce
Staff Member

Thanks for posting the log file, but that’s not the log file we need to see. Could you send us a Dashboard Login so we can take a look at all your logs? You can do that here:

s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Posted: Tuesday Apr 30th, 2013 at 8:30 pm #48847
Bruce
Staff Member

Details Received.

I’m taking a look now.

Posted: Tuesday Apr 30th, 2013 at 8:35 pm #48849
Bruce
Staff Member

I took a look and it looks like your problem is an invalid PayPal IPN setup. You have no paypal-ipn.log file, but do have a paypal-rtn.log file.

In addition, s2Member is giving your an Unable to Verify $_POST vars error in your PayPal PDT/RTN log file. Looking at your shortcode it appears that your custom attribute is correct. Could you run this server scanner and let me know if there are any errors?

See: Knowledge Base » s2Member® Server Scanner

Posted: Tuesday Apr 30th, 2013 at 8:48 pm #48852

I have just check the s2-server-scanner 100% completed without any error. But when I use my page http://support.williamforex.com/test-page-full-member-registration-form in Twenty Ten theme, there is no billing address show up?

Posted: Tuesday Apr 30th, 2013 at 9:01 pm #48856
Bruce
Staff Member

But when I use my page http://support.williamforex.com/test-page-full-member-registration-form in Twenty Ten theme, there is no billing address show up?

This is to be expected, s2Member doesn’t need a billing address when you’re only using PayPal to checkout with. This only shows up when you’re checking out with PayPal.

In the mean time could you please follow the instructions here again and make sure your PayPal IPN is set up correctly?

See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› PayPal® IPN Integration

Posted: Saturday May 4th, 2013 at 5:48 am #49196

Bruce,
I have spent nearly two weeks but still cannot make the s2member – Paypal form to work. Very disappointed ! I enclosed the transaction log for your reference, please assist me to find out what go wrong.

LOG ENTRY: Sat May 4th, 2013 @ precisely 9:35 am UTC
Memory 40.11 MB :: Real Memory 40.50 MB :: Peak Memory 40.20 MB :: Real Peak Memory 40.50 MB
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 10.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/6.0)
——– Input vars: ( Sat May 4, 2013 9:34:53 am UTC ) ——–
array (
‘METHOD’ => ‘SetExpressCheckout’,
‘RETURNURL’ => ‘http://support.williamforex.com/test-page-full-member-registration-form?s2member_paypal_xco=s2member_pro_paypal_checkout_return’,
‘CANCELURL’ => ‘http://support.williamforex.com/test-page-full-member-registration-form?s2member_paypal_xco=s2member_pro_paypal_checkout_cancel’,
‘PAGESTYLE’ => ‘paypal’,
‘LOCALECODE’ => ”,
‘NOSHIPPING’ => ‘1’,
‘SOLUTIONTYPE’ => ‘Sole’,
‘LANDINGPAGE’ => ‘Billing’,
‘ALLOWNOTE’ => ‘0’,
‘L_BILLINGTYPE0’ => ‘RecurringPayments’,
‘L_BILLINGAGREEMENTDESCRIPTION0’ => ‘$2400 HKD / Semi-Yearly (recurring charge, for ongoing ac…’,
‘PAYMENTREQUEST_0_SHIPTONAME’ => ‘First Last’,
‘PAYMENTREQUEST_0_SHIPTOSTREET’ => ”,
‘PAYMENTREQUEST_0_SHIPTOCITY’ => ”,
‘PAYMENTREQUEST_0_SHIPTOSTATE’ => ”,
‘PAYMENTREQUEST_0_SHIPTOCOUNTRYCODE’ => ”,
‘PAYMENTREQUEST_0_SHIPTOZIP’ => ”,
‘EMAIL’ => ‘ctkmak@netvigator.com’,
‘VERSION’ => ‘71.0’,
‘USER’ => ‘charles-facilitator_api1.williamforex.com’,
‘PWD’ => ‘xxxxxxxx/PWD/SIG’,
‘SIGNATURE’ => ‘xxxxxxxx/PWD/SIG’,
)
——– Output string/vars: ( Sat May 4, 2013 9:35:13 am UTC ) ——–

array (
‘__error’ => ‘Error. Please contact Support for assistance.’,
)

LOG ENTRY: Sat May 4th, 2013 @ precisely 9:35 am UTC
Memory 40.14 MB :: Real Memory 40.50 MB :: Peak Memory 40.20 MB :: Real Peak Memory 40.50 MB
array (
‘state’ => ‘response’,
‘transport_class’ => ‘WP_HTTP_curl’,
‘args’ =>
array (
‘method’ => ‘POST’,
‘timeout’ => 20,
‘redirection’ => 5,
‘httpversion’ => ‘1.1’,
‘user-agent’ => ‘WordPress/3.5.1; http://support.williamforex.com’,
‘blocking’ => true,
‘headers’ =>
array (
‘Accept-Encoding’ => ‘deflate;q=1.0, compress;q=0.5’,
‘Content-Type’ => ‘application/x-www-form-urlencoded; charset=UTF-8’,
‘Content-Length’ => 915,
),
‘cookies’ =>
array (
),
‘body’ => ‘METHOD=SetExpressCheckout&RETURNURL=http%3A%2F%2Fsupport.williamforex.com%2Ftest-page-full-member-registration-form%3Fs2member_paypal_xco%3Ds2member_pro_paypal_checkout_return&CANCELURL=http%3A%2F%2Fsupport.williamforex.com%2Ftest-page-full-member-registration-form%3Fs2member_paypal_xco%3Ds2member_pro_paypal_checkout_cancel&PAGESTYLE=paypal&LOCALECODE=&NOSHIPPING=1&SOLUTIONTYPE=Sole&LANDINGPAGE=Billing&ALLOWNOTE=0&L_BILLINGTYPE0=RecurringPayments&L_BILLINGAGREEMENTDESCRIPTION0=%242400+HKD+%2F+Semi-Yearly+%28recurring+charge%2C+for+ongoing+ac…&PAYMENTREQUEST_0_SHIPTONAME=First+Last&PAYMENTREQUEST_0_SHIPTOSTREET=&PAYMENTREQUEST_0_SHIPTOCITY=&PAYMENTREQUEST_0_SHIPTOSTATE=&PAYMENTREQUEST_0_SHIPTOCOUNTRYCODE=&PAYMENTREQUEST_0_SHIPTOZIP=&EMAIL=ctkmak%40netvigator.com&VERSION=71.0&USER=charles-facilitator_api1.williamforex.com&PWD=1365646567&SIGNATURE=AFcWxV21C7fd0v3bYYYRCpSSRl31AsE0nrc2XFGO8MmLitOepOz5RMMI’,
‘compress’ => false,
‘decompress’ => true,
‘sslverify’ => false,
‘stream’ => false,
‘filename’ => NULL,
‘s2member’ => ‘130406’,
‘_redirection’ => 5,
‘ssl’ => true,
‘local’ => false,
),
‘url’ => ‘https://api-3t.sandbox.paypal.com/nvp’,
‘response’ =>
WP_Error::__set_state(array(
‘errors’ =>
array (
‘http_request_failed’ =>
array (
0 => ‘connect() timed out!’,
),
),
‘error_data’ =>
array (
),
)),
)

Posted: Saturday May 4th, 2013 at 1:28 pm #49211
Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for your patience.

According to the logs, your connection is timing out:

0 => ‘connect() timed out!’,

This is a connection to PayPal, and it’s very unlikely that PayPal’s servers are the ones rejecting yours. It sounds like something on your server is preventing this connection from happening.

You told me earlier that you ran the s2Member Server Scanner and it came back fine, so that means that OpenSSL, fopen() and/or cUrl are installed. This sounds like something a Blacklist Plugin or a server-side program is causing. I’d recommend calling your hosting company for information on what’s causing this.

Posted: Sunday May 5th, 2013 at 5:10 am #49236

Bruce,
What is the extact question I should ask or verify with my hosting company because I have another client (with OpenCart) using the same hosting company, they haven’t has any problem to use the Paypal serive.

Posted: Sunday May 5th, 2013 at 2:08 pm #49242
Bruce
Staff Member

What is the extact question I should ask or verify with my hosting company because I have another client (with OpenCart) using the same hosting company, they haven’t has any problem to use the Paypal serive.

I couldn’t tell you what exactly is happening to cause this, only that the connection to PayPal is failing completely. You’ll need to ask your server why this is happening. It’s something beyond the reach of s2Member.

Posted: Monday May 6th, 2013 at 10:34 am #49263

Burce,
I have received the below reply from my hosting provider, but I would like to confirm with you whether it will has caused the problem of s2member.

………….reply from hosting provider…………..

We are very sorry to let you know that some PHP function such as allow_url_fopen and allow_url_include involving vulnerabilities, and cannot be enabled.

If you really need this, please consider to use our dedicated server service or cloud server service.

According to documents, this is quite often it is possible for an attacker to get PHP code into files on the server (sessiondata, fileupload, logfiles,…).allow_url_fopen and allow_url_include only protect against URL handlers marked as URL. It is trivially possible to inject arbitrary PHP code.

Posted: Monday May 6th, 2013 at 6:58 pm #49297
Bruce
Staff Member

We are very sorry to let you know that some PHP function such as allow_url_fopen and allow_url_include involving vulnerabilities, and cannot be enabled.

If you really need this, please consider to use our dedicated server service or cloud server service.

According to documents, this is quite often it is possible for an attacker to get PHP code into files on the server (sessiondata, fileupload, logfiles,…).allow_url_fopen and allow_url_include only protect against URL handlers marked as URL. It is trivially possible to inject arbitrary PHP code.

Yes this sounds like the issue. allow_url_fopen or cUrl should be enabled. However, s2Member’s Server Scanner should have found that issue if it was a problem. Perhaps they have it enabled but blocked, I’m unsure. However this is definitely the problem. Would you mind sharing what hosting provider you’re using?

Viewing 21 replies - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.