latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Classic / Enhanced Paypal Checkout Pages

Home Forums Community Forum Classic / Enhanced Paypal Checkout Pages

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Joseph K 4 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday May 7th, 2012 at 5:59 pm #12846
Joseph K
Username: taekcool

I noticed that the regular paypal Buttons will lead you to a classic version of the checkout page whereas, the Pro Forms are instead directed to enhanced checkout pages (I can give the screenshots if you need them).

How can I make my regular paypal buttons show the enhanced checkout pages (it looks much more trustworthy).

Also, in my website I have an option to subscribe for 12 months which gives you 2 months for free thus this would give the user 14 months of membership in total. This membership was possible in the non-paid regular buttons by setting the rp=14 and rt=M. Somebody actually signed up for this membership it worked just fine) but in the pro forms, I am having an error message some thing like ” rp > 14 , rp = M. ” and the does not let the user sign up or pay (lead to paypal checkout).

This error message is coming from s2member and not paypal so how can I disable this and let the user just sign up the 14 month membership which is already working in paypal.

I will thank a ton if you can answer me by tonight…

Thanks,
Joseph

• This topic was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by  Joseph K.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday May 8th, 2012 at 3:05 am #12875

Hi Joseph.

The button shortcode has an image attribute that lets you change the button’s graphic. The pro-form doesn’t have this for Express Checkout, because that’s the image required by PayPal in its TOS. :/

Regarding the term problem, could you please post the shortcode you’re using?

Posted: Tuesday May 8th, 2012 at 3:13 am #12878
Joseph K

Hi Christian thanks for your reply.

I am not referring to the button images. I actually referring to the Express Checkout Pages. The paypal buttons will transfer me to a Classic version of the Express Checkout Page.. whereas the Pro-Form will transfer me to the “Enhanced” Checkout page. These two look very different and I would prefer that the button would transfer the user to the Enhanced version (It’s much more user friendly).

The following 14 month membership pro form doesn’t work.
[s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form level="4" ccaps="" desc="14 month membership" ps="paypal" lc="" cc="USD" dg="0" ns="1" custom="mywebsite.com" ta="0" tp="0" tt="D" ra="10" rp="14" rt="M" rr="1" rrt="" rra="2" accept="paypal" accept_via_paypal="paypal" coupon="" accept_coupons="0" default_country_code="" captcha="0" /]

But the following 14 month paypal button works perfectly.
[s2Member-PayPal-Button level="4" ccaps="" desc="14 month membership" ps="paypal" lc="" cc="USD" dg="0" ns="1" custom="www.umbaga.com" ta="0" tp="0" tt="D" ra="10" rp="14" rt="M" rr="1" rrt="" rra="1" image="default" output="button" /]

By the way, what is “rra” in these shortcodes?

Posted: Tuesday May 8th, 2012 at 3:28 am #12881

The paypal buttons will transfer me to a Classic version of the Express Checkout Page.. whereas the Pro-Form will transfer me to the “Enhanced” Checkout page.

Actually, they’re two different services by PayPal. The button takes you to PayPal Standard, while the pro-form takes you to Express Checkout.

The pro-form’s shortcode looks fine, I don’t know why it’s failing. Could you please post a link to the page where you have it? If you rather not make it public, you can use the contact form. s2Member® » Private Contact Form

About the [hilite mono]rra[/hilite] attribute, it’s slightly different in the button and pro-form:

[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Buttons -› Shortcode Attributes (Explained) -> rra[/hilite]

rra=”1″ Reattempt failed payments? Possible values: 0 = do NOT reattempt billing when/if a recurring payment fails; 1 = yes, DO reattempt billing when/if a recurring payment fails. With PayPal® Standard integration, PayPal® will retry a maximum of 2 times when you set rra=”1″; after that, a Subscription would be terminated due to Max Failed Payments having been reached. PayPal® Standard integration does NOT make it possible to configure Max Failed Payments, it simply defaults to a value of 2 whenever rra=”1″, indicating that you DO want to retry failed payments.

[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Shortcode Attributes (Explained) -> rra[/hilite]

rra=”2″ Reattempt failed payments? Possible values: 0 = do NOT reattempt billing when/if a recurring payment fails; 1 or higher = yes, DO reattempt billing when/if a recurring payment fails. With PayPal® Pro integration, PayPal® will retry a maximum of 2 times whenever rra=”2″; after that, a Subscription would be terminated due to Max Failed Payments having been reached. With PayPal® Pro integration, the value of this attribute also configures Max Failed Payments. So a setting of rra=”2″ means that you allow a maximum of 2 failed payments.

Posted: Tuesday May 8th, 2012 at 3:47 am #12886
Joseph K

Hmm.. if you go to the paypal -> profile -> Custom payment pages -> Preview. You can preview the Classic / Enhanced Checkout pages which you are calling Standard / Express. Anyway, can we configure the button so that it takes the users to the Express Checkout Page instead of Standard Checkout?

As for the error message, I just sent you a small screenshot. The screenshot contains the error message that I get when I visit the pro-form page with 14 month membership. Please let me know if this is not enough.

And thanks the support during late night..

-Joseph

Posted: Tuesday May 8th, 2012 at 3:53 am #12887

You’re welcome. :)

I don’t know how to use the PayPal Standard button to take the user to the Express Checkout page. If you find how to do that with a button generated over at PayPal, then you could try that adding the data needed for integration with s2Member. Knowledge Base » Using PayPal created buttons

Got the email with the screenshot but, if possible, I’d like the URL to the page where the pro-form is giving that error in order to look at the HTML.

I’m guessing that it could be a problem with the parsing of the shortcode being corrupted by another plugin or the theme. The odd thing is that the button generated doesn’t have that problem but the pro-form does. Anyway, it’d be good if you tried changing the theme and deactivating other plugins in that page to test it. For this you could try these:

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/page-theme/
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/plugin-organizer/

Posted: Tuesday May 8th, 2012 at 4:16 am #12894

You can disregard what I said before about the theme/plugin conflict causing a shortcode parsing. This is related to the way you can set up the terms with PayPal, and it varies from one service to the other (Standard, Express Checkout).

I think what the error is telling you is that you can’t set it at 14 months, because that’s more than 12 months, and they have a term for years “Y”, so you should be using that. I remember that pro-forms allowed more flexibility than buttons, though, so I’m not sure.

I don’t remember where I last saw what the terms can be… I’ll look for it.

Posted: Tuesday May 8th, 2012 at 4:38 am #12895

Found where Jason mentions what’s allowed for buttons, which shows you can do the 14 months, but can’t find what about Express Checkout, even after googling for it. http://www.primothemes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2878&p=9035#p33473

I’m emailing Jason now to ask.

Posted: Tuesday May 8th, 2012 at 4:48 am #12896

I think I found the documentation for it: https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=developer/e_howto_api_ECRecurringPayments#id086520F027U__id086520M00BF

The number of billing periods that make up one billing cycle. The combination of billing frequency and billing period must be less than or equal to one year.

Posted: Wednesday May 9th, 2012 at 2:26 pm #13069
Staff Member

Thanks for the heads up on this request for support.

s2Member Pro will allow 14 months, but only if you have rr="BN", meaning it’s a Buy Now button.

Otherwise, s2Member Pro is subjected to the limits set forth by PayPal’s Recurring Billing system, which states that recurring billing periods CANNOT exceed 1 year. I know this differs slightly from PayPal Standard Buttons, and I have no idea why, but that’s the way it’s written none the less. Thus, s2Member Pro Forms are not capable of charging customers in intervals that exceed 1 year, 12 months, or 365 days.

https://www.x.com/developers/paypal/documentation-tools/api/createrecurringpaymentsprofile-api-operation-nvp

Posted: Wednesday May 9th, 2012 at 2:35 pm #13071
Joseph K

Thanks for all the answers and support

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.