latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Clickbank issues

Home Forums Community Forum Clickbank issues

This topic contains 33 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 10 months ago.

Page 2 Of Topic Replies

Viewing 8 replies - 26 through 33 (of 33 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Mar 12th, 2012 at 11:45 am #7902

So there are no other options? :(

Posted: Monday Mar 12th, 2012 at 4:39 pm #7920

Hi Cristian,

I am now attempting to test paypal.

I have reconfigured the following paypal options for the sandbox.

1. Paypal sand box login email stephenbashaw@gmail.com
2. Paypal test merchant account API username
3. API password
4. API signature

I have enabled sandbox testing.

I have generated a short code.

When I click on the buy link, I am taken to login to my paypal sandbox account, stephenbashaw@gmail.com. When I enter my test buyer email and password and login, I then receive an error message: link not valid – return to merchant.

any ideas?

Posted: Monday Mar 12th, 2012 at 4:42 pm #7921

Clarification: the message actually reads:The link you have used to enter the PayPal system is invalid. Please review the link and try again.

Posted: Monday Mar 12th, 2012 at 5:14 pm #7925

Moving ahead. I can now get into paypal, however I now get this message.

Invalid Regular period. You must specify valid values for the A3, P3, and T3 parameters for a subscription.

The parameters I have generated from the paypal buttons in s2 read this:

Are these not readable by paypal?

Thanks.

Posted: Monday Mar 12th, 2012 at 5:16 pm #7926

Hmm, they parmeters disappeared when I submitted. I will try again.

input type=”hidden” name=”a3″ value=”16.99″
input type=”hidden” name=”p3″ value=”1″
input type=”hidden” name=”t3″ value=”Y”

Posted: Tuesday Mar 13th, 2012 at 4:30 am #7947

Invalid Regular period. You must specify valid values for the A3, P3, and T3 parameters for a subscription.

Hmm… I only remember having seen that error come up for a user that had trouble with parsing in the page where the button’s shortcode was. It could be a plugin or the theme doing it.

As a test to find which is causing the problem, you could try the default theme and see if now it works and if not, deactivate other plugins and try after each.

Another option would be to generate a button over at PayPal, integrated with s2Member following these instructions:
Knowledge Base » Using PayPal created buttons

I hope that helps!

Posted: Tuesday Mar 13th, 2012 at 4:55 pm #8056

I deleted the html comments and it works.

However, in testing it in the paypal sandbox I don’t know if it is sending the correct email and link to register (because the email address is bogus). If in actual testing it doesn’t work I am going to need to request a refund and find another membership plugin solution.

Posted: Wednesday Mar 14th, 2012 at 12:41 am #8080

If you can remove the comments, it’d be because you’re using the full HTML for the button instead of the shortcode. This is not ideal cause someone could edit your HTML to enter a different amount or length of access, for example.

It’s better if you encrypt your buttons, and for that you’d use the shortcode so s2Member can encrypt it for you.
[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Account Details -> Enable Button Encryption[/hilite]

The comments were causing trouble because of the parsing problem I mentioned is most probably there. To spot what’s causing the incorrect parsing, I suggest doing the tests I mentioned above.

To change the theme in a single page for this test, you can try this plugin:
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/page-theme/

To change the plugins in a single page for this test, you can try this plugin:
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/plugin-organizer/

If you prefer not to use the shortcode because you didn’t find what’s causing you trouble with the content parsing, then using a button generated over at PayPal will also work and be encrypted.
Knowledge Base » Using PayPal created buttons

I hope that helps. :)

Viewing 8 replies - 26 through 33 (of 33 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.