latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

clickbank item number problem

Home Forums Community Forum clickbank item number problem

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Feb 21st, 2013 at 12:22 am #42643
Damian Jones
Username: aegis

My item numbers are not just numbers, I added letters to them, so that way people don’t just change 1 to a 2, then 3, then 4, etc, to find all the products and prices to find the best deal… so my products are like this:

cne1
however, when I enter that in the button generator, it always removes everything but the 1

why does it not use what I enter?
what I enter is what Clickbank has already approved, so it should work.

Let me know, please.
Thanks

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Feb 21st, 2013 at 1:25 am #42645
Damian Jones

Also, does the IPN from clickbank have to point back at the site, or will it work when they click on the return url?

I have the IPN point at SendPepper to create their subscription automatically, so that they don’t have to opt-in to my autoresponder series.

Let me know if that is required. If so, I will have to have them auto subscribed some other way, but not sure how I would do it.

Let me know, please.
Thank you.

Posted: Thursday Feb 21st, 2013 at 8:05 am #42706

Hi Damian.

You can edit the shortcode manually. The attribute for the product number is cbp. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› ClickBank® Buttons -› Shortcode Attributes -> cbp[/hilite]

The IPN does need to point to the s2Member URL for it or the integration won’t work properly. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› ClickBank® Options -› IPN Integration[/hilite]

You can probably use the Notifications API to integrate with SendPepper. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / List Servers -› Other Integration Methods[/hilite]

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Thursday Feb 21st, 2013 at 10:13 am #42731
Damian Jones

Yes, thank you!

I just noticed, clickbank added a second notification! So now I can have it notify both :)

still have to test it, but should work.

My only question I have left, is this.

So the user clicks buy.
they go to clickbank to buy
they pay
they get a receipt and click the return to the website and access purchase button
Now I am confused.

They now see a window that says they have to create an account to access their purchase?

Is that how it works?
If so, why does it not auto-create their account and email it to them, so they can just go login and not have the extra step?

Thank you again.

Posted: Friday Feb 22nd, 2013 at 8:35 am #42801

I just noticed, clickbank added a second notification! So now I can have it notify both :)

Cool. :)

Is that how it works?
If so, why does it not auto-create their account and email it to them, so they can just go login and not have the extra step?

Right, the ClickBank checkout is just a payment, not a registration, so they still need to create the account in your site. There isn’t a single-step payment and registration for ClickBank, only for PayPal and Authorize.Net using the pro-forms.

ClickBank requires you to show a certain message to the customer after payment, so the return page should show that and include a link to the registration page to create the account. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› ClickBank® Options -› Thank-You Page Integration[/hilite]

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.