latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Clickbank setup help

Home Forums Community Forum Clickbank setup help

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 1 month ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Nov 22nd, 2012 at 2:56 am #32311
Israel Garcia
Username: israel

Hi,

I wonder if you guys can help me figure out how to setup my membership site using s2member-pro and clickbank.

The first requirement for clickbank is to setup a pitch page and a thank you page. My question is if the pitch page could be the membership options page from s2member or it has to be a different one.

Regarding the thank you page can it be the login page? (www.site.com/wp-login.php)

I´m planning to secure the whole site using level 1 , so I understand the membership options page will be visible and also the login page other than that all pages are not accessible for users below level 1.

I don´t know if I´m over complicating it, If you can give me a basic idea how it should be done I would appreciate it.

I will only have one type of paid subscriber for clickbank because the free content is delivered using another website that is why I want to secure the whole site not per category or tag basis.

Have a nice day

Israel Garcia

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Nov 22nd, 2012 at 6:27 am #32327
Israel Garcia

Any reply :)

Posted: Thursday Nov 22nd, 2012 at 7:47 am #32344

Hi Israel.

My question is if the pitch page could be the membership options page from s2member or it has to be a different one.

Yes, the Membership Options Page is fine if it’s the one with the ClickBank button to buy.

Regarding the thank you page can it be the login page? (www.site.com/wp-login.php)

Not unless you customize it to include the lines that ClickBank requires in the thank-you page (about how the charge will show up, and how to get support, if I remember correctly).

You can create a WP page for the thank-you, with those lines that ClickBank requires, and a link to the registration page (wp-login.php?action=register)

Here’s the documentation on how to point to your custom thank you page: [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› ClickBank® Options -› Thank-You Page Integration -> Template customizations[/hilite]

I´m planning to secure the whole site using level 1

That’s fine.

I hope that helps!

Let us know if you have more questions, please. :)

Posted: Thursday Nov 22nd, 2012 at 9:20 am #32356
Israel Garcia

Thank you Christian for your help.

I will do it that way. Just one more question , How s2member avoids that someone shares the thank you page url and anyone else uses that register button there without paying?

Have a nice day

Israel Garcia

Posted: Friday Nov 23rd, 2012 at 6:39 am #32397

You can’t avoid that thank-you page from being opened by someone else that gets the link, but the registration link is not special, just a normal link to the registration page. If you have Open Registration disabled, then only those that went throught the checkout and got back to the s2Member return URL, will get cookied to be allowed registration, or get a special link in the signup confirmation email. ;)

[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Open Registration[/hilite]
[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› ClickBank® Options -› Signup Confirmation Email[/hilite]

Posted: Friday Nov 23rd, 2012 at 12:02 pm #32419
Israel Garcia

Thank you so much Cristian for being so helpfull.

I understand from your advice it is better to use Open Registration disabled. Also s2member will use cookies to let everyone trying to register to be able to do it or not, depending on if they are returned from checkout or not.

Thanks again and have a nice day

Israel Garcia

Posted: Saturday Nov 24th, 2012 at 7:35 am #32469

You’re welcome! I’m glad I could help. :)

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.